Help with Scipio's sound mod

I downloaded these mods, decoded them, and set everything up. Now when I play, I get all those new sounds in super slo-mo. The Germans sound like they're trying to yell around a mouthfull of food. Now, this would be okay if they were moving in slo motion while I was at my normal speed to, but unfortunately they aren't. smile.gif Any clue what might have caused this?

Sounds weird, never heard of this problem though. My first suggestion is re-d/l his sound mod. I know it's a pain on a dialup connection though.

The only other thing I can think up is maybe your comp. itself. Processor/Sound card/etc.

I had the same problem. I would convert the files to wav and it would be ok for some sounds, but for others the sounds were sped up to hyper velocity speed. It's like hearing the Chipmunks at war. The weird thing is that the sounds were fine when I first converted them but in subsequents conversion, problems arose. Try the converter at Warfare HQ that is offered with Scipio's sounds. It's small and when I use it, the the converted WAVs sound fine.

I solved my problem at least - I didn't use the converter from WarfareHQ (it crashes under Win2000) but the dBPowerAmp converter from download.com. When converting mp3 --> wav, you can select different output formats: standard CD quality (44.100 kHz, 16Bit, Stereo, 172KB/Sec) resulted in slo-mo sounds, whereas (44.100 kHz, 16Bit, Mono, 86KB/Sec) works fine with CM. Maybe that helps anybody who has the same problem.

Duster

This is very strange. The .wav files must have an specific format, otherwise they sound to fast or slow. Usualy, the MP3 converter shouldn't change the format, and it never did while I using it. Well, the exact format must be :

16 bit, mono, signed, 44100 Hz

It can be proofed with a soundeditor like

Goldwave

I would upload the original files, but not with my 64 bps ISDN connection...

Anyone wanna put those sounds up on a site decoded? & post a link.

I DL'd them and the decoder app, the app just stalls out after almost decodeing the first MP3, So I gave up on it after an hour of trying, as the app doesn't appear to like Win 98 SE.

Regards, John Waters

[ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: PzKpfw 1 ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PzKpfw 1:

Anyone wanna put those sounds up on a site decoded? & post a link.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disregard that grabbed that Dbpower amp app it decoded them all fine.

Regards, John Waters

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PzKpfw 1:

Anyone wanna put those sounds up on a site decoded? [ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: PzKpfw 1 ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And of course, my sitemaster would tar & feather me if I block 20MB of the site only with my sounds ;)...and we also won't take one of our attractions on another site :D