Yet another subtle improvement

At least as far as I've noticed that is. Was playing with 1.1b24 tonight when I noticed that one of my units was firing at an enemy infantry unit. I knew this because of the tracer fire. However, I did not see any target lines emanating from any of my units. I traced the tracers back to my Sherman. Apparently, and someone feel free to correct me here, you cannot tell where a tank is firing using the target lines if the tank is using it's turret mounted 50. I would use target lines drawn to my units to see who the hell was target me. No longer if an enemy tank is using his ma deuce. Gotta love the subtle nuances of this game. Life just keeps on getting better.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest Michael emrys

I noticed something similar today, except it effected not only tanks, but apparently some infantry units too. I had several units firing at an enemy unit and had clicked on the enemy unit to see how they were taking it. There were yellow lines going back to most of my units, but I also saw tracer coming in on a trajectory that wasn't covered by a yellow line. This happened several times.

Now the kicker is that I am still using 1.05! So this may have been in for a while but I never noticed it before.

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 01-03-2001).]

This 'feature' has been in since the beta demo.

------------------

From the jshandorf

"Why don't we compare reality to the game like Bastables likes to do all the time?"

Mr T's reply

"Don't touch me FOO!"

(BilgeRat) synopsis= "Im a dickhead"

Beaton

"Smoking makes you look cool.

Shoot cute dogs.

Violence does not hafta make sense."

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 01-03-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bastables:

This 'feature' has been in since the beta demo.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Damn, and I thought I was an observant fella smile.gif. Thanks for that little bit of info.

------------------

Jeff Abbott