Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Who can see the enemy?

There have been many threads recently that discuss this, but you obviously missed them - once one of your units spots an enemy unit, he is considered spotted by everyone. Hope this helps. For more info, search for "spotting" and you will find detailed info on changes to this likely to occur.

I assume this is what you mean - and not a simple Line of Sight issue? If it is really just a LOS issue, use the Line of Sight feature when you are in the orders phase. See the manual for more details.

Does this help at all?

No, it has absolutly nothing to do with my thoughts, or I missunderstood because of my terrible English.

I mean - an enemy unit is spotted by one of my units. Now I want to know which of my units has LOS. Who can turn fire on that enemy? Is one of them a HQ unit so can use a mortar to fire?

Currently I must draw a LOS for each of my unit manually...that sucks!

Originally posted by Scipio:

No, it has absolutly nothing to do with my thoughts, or I missunderstood because of my terrible English.

I mean - an enemy unit is spotted by one of my units. Now I want to know which of my units has LOS. Who can turn fire on that enemy? Is one of them a HQ unit so can use a mortar to fire?

Currently I must draw a LOS for each of my unit manually...that sucks!

just select a unit and hit N (target next). this should work unless there are an excessive amount of enemy troops running towards your position yelling and screaming, but that shouldn't happen untill you play as the Germans in CM2

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

shadow@jagdtiger.de

Gee, I have that already but maybe I misunderstand also. When I click on a unit (enemy or friendly) I see yellow lines from any unit that can see them and red from units that are firing. Is this what you are refering to?

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

Guest Offwhite

Originally posted by Goofy:

Gee, I have that already but maybe I misunderstand also. When I click on a unit (enemy or friendly) I see yellow lines from any unit that can see them and red from units that are firing. Is this what you are refering to?

Yellow lines indicate who the selected unit is being targeted by; red indicates who he is targeting. I think (but have yet to conclude positively) that thick red indicates two units targeting each other.

Don't confuse targeting lines with LOS because you can very often have one without the other!