A Test Scenario for the Hull-Turning Issue

For those that doubt the Hull-Turning issue that debuted in v1.1b22 and now obvious in v1.1, try the Villers-Boccage scenario and try to tell me that Whittman doesn't survive longer now than he did before this feature was fixed.

He can rack up MANY more kills now than he could before and it's mainly do to the fact that he doesn't have to wait for the damn slow-assed turret to rotate around.

This hull-rotation has NO DOUBT increased the survivability of tanks. And one reason is that it can kill faster than it could before, not to mention keeping it frontal armor facing the threat as well.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

Well I just played it again today. Whittman was kicking ass for a while and I got brave and took him into town and while I was turning him right onto the first street in town, a Cromwell smoked me in the side just as soon as a smoke plume dissappeared.

My reinforcements didn't do very well. By the time they came in after Whittman was taken out, the Tommies has taken my entrance point and also had time to move up there tanks which put me in a bad situation. I was flanked instantly as soon as I left the insertion point. No amount of hull rotation (or lack there-of) wink.gif could have saved me from getting flanked there.

But I did notice that the turrets still do work, Bruno. Quite well in fact, the tac-AI *does* weigh threats as it should. It left the crews alone and went after the most serious nearby threats using both turret rotation and hull rotation when appropriate.

Shatter here

I played a few scenarios with the new v1.1. I enjoy that the hull rotates along with the turret. In one scenario I had 2 panthers and most likely would have lost them, but the panthers rotated to show their strongest armor to the direction of incoming allied tank fire. Yes I was still hit, but not fatal shots to my panthers. With out rotating hull, I surely would have lost at least one, most likel both.

I just don't see what the big deal is about this.

I would think the back in WWII days, the tanks would of had the option of rotating hull & turret. Which CM has now done.