Question/Suggestion for CMBB

I think this has been discussed before, but I can't remember for sure, so here goes --

I have heard of two particular features being added to CMBB -

(1) multiple movies joined together for playback; and

(2) elimination of the Fog of War feature in regards to the casualties at teh end of the game.

So I was thinking -- wouldn't it be cool to be able to turn off the Fog of War function for the long movie replay? That way, you could observe in the Fog of War view if you wanted to, but you could also see you're opponent's approach to things. It would be a good learning tool for newbies, and it would force the old time guys to keep refining their tactics.

Any thoughts.?

I think this would be a very useful thing to have. Maybe when watching the movie, the seen units could have a different coloured base, so you could tell which units have been spotted. I've played without FOW only a couple of times, but movie playbacks are much more fascinating when you can see all units.

Sure, with consent of both players. Hrm. Preferably allowing consent to be granted after a game is over, which would mean that the last turn's ending would have to generate some sort of 2-part key. Players with both halves could then "unlock" the previous saved games and watch 'em.

That would allow players to analyze a game after it's over (to better learn from their mistakes), but doesn't require a change in tactics in-game (because the FOW is preserved until it's too late to do anything about it).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mud:

Sure, with consent of both players. Hrm. Preferably allowing consent to be granted after a game is over, which would mean that the last turn's ending would have to generate some sort of 2-part key. Players with both halves could then "unlock" the previous saved games and watch 'em.

That would allow players to analyze a game after it's over (to better learn from their mistakes), but doesn't require a change in tactics in-game (because the FOW is preserved until it's too late to do anything about it).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think consent should be necessary -- why should I have your permission to view a movie on MY computer.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The Commissar said

What would be even more cool is to be able to choose from whose perspective to view the movie in full FOW from!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree wholeheartedly.