Trucks & halftracks - friendly edge exit as design tool?

Just posted this at the Proving Grounds (and I searched both here and Tips & Tricks for something comparable, but didn't see it):

I've been thinking of adding a new thread to the Design Tips section. It would suggest that halftracks & trucks...and possibly armoured cars, too...should fairly routinely be labelled as Should Exit for Points, with the Exit Side being the friendly edge. The idea here is to give the player the incentive to use them historically: drop the troops/do the recon and then get-the-heck-outta-there.

What say you, good people? Are they already pricey enough so that this doesn't need to be done, or does it sound sound?

I've used the same idea in my battle Polviselkä which is currently waiting for feedback at TPG. There the Finns have some gun tractors which wouldn't have been used for fighting, so I made them eligible for exit points. I then balanced this by giving the Axis a negative point bonus of the price of the halftracks. Unfortunately the AI doesn't understand to remove them, not even if I place them right next to the exit border facing the right direction.