Something the modders seem to have missed

In their never-ending search for improving CM, it appears the modders have left one stone unturned. Where are the American Negros, the British Indians and in the future, the Russian Asiatic soldiers?

I was glacing through the various mod sites and it suddenly struck me, all the soldiers are white, anglo-saxon/celtic or "aryan" in aspect.

Perhaps its a no-no to even mention it.

At the same time, I was wondering, has anybody else noticed the resemblance between one of the stock faces and the ex-Prime Minister of Australia, Paul Keating http://www.keating.org.au ?

i made a mod of ONE face bmp to match my own beautiful chinese visage. so imagine my surprise when it showed up on BOTH sides. i must say i don't look good in feldgreu...

and that's why minorities are not modded(unless you think there were a buncha african-americans on the german side) tongue.gif

armor.jpg

see more at http://www.russellmz.20m.com/funny.html

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]</p>

Negroes made it into very few frontline units of the US army and not until the Bulge even then. The French used them quite liberally however. Morrocans and Algerians too.

I don't believe any Indian soldiers saw action in the ETO, though I believe some made it to Italy. Certainly a lot were employed in North Africa and the Middle East.

Don't forget that there was a regiment of Japanese-Americans in Italy. I think it was the most decorated in the Army for the whole war.

Michael

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Negroes made it into very few frontline units of the US army and not until the Bulge even then. The French used them quite liberally however. Morrocans and Algerians too.

I don't believe any Indian soldiers saw action in the ETO, though I believe some made it to Italy. Certainly a lot were employed in North Africa and the Middle East.

Don't forget that there was a regiment of Japanese-Americans in Italy. I think it was the most decorated in the Army for the whole war.

Michael<hr></blockquote>

My next door neighbor served in the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, the all Japanese unit. It was indeed the most decorated unit of the whole war. They didn't just fight in Italy either, they spent many months in France and the German border too. Also, don't forget the Ghurkhas either. Gotta admire guys that consider a knife their main weapon. I bet they could've spooked kids in the 12th SS.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

Also, don't forget the Ghurkhas either. Gotta admire guys that consider a knife their main weapon. I bet they could've spooked kids in the 12th SS.<hr></blockquote>

Would serve 'em right well. I understand the Gurkhas were pretty handy with the rest of their arsenal as well.

Speaking of knives and Italy reminds me of a story; I think Ernie Pyle told this one. Seems there was this Mafia hard type that got drafted and sent to Italy and found his forte. He would go out on solitary patrol at night and slip into a bunker where Germans were sleeping and slit the throat of one of them. It really undercut ( ;) ) their morale something fierce.

Michael