Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Pacific scenarios ??

hans is working on some more of his excellent battles and ops. he is on holiday right now but will have some ready soon after his return.

btw try some of the mto battles with pac visuals. i've been playing the op "sicily 43" as a marine invasion with the airborne in camo.

[ August 05, 2004, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

Originally posted by Rupert_2:

Are there any more Pacifc or Burma scenarios for the CMAK Pacific mod ...The larger the better?? smile.gif

If not I would like to see some more..Pretty please with sugar on....Kohima maybe or Manila...hint, hint.. :D

Hi Rupert, I have a number of PTOs in the works and when I get back they should start coming out in mid-late August. They will probably not be that large however.

The first PTO out will probably be the Japanese airborne invasion of Sumatra.

back to vacation

Hey J2D

I havent forgot about you on the Fantasy Island Scenario, Actually the Map is 90% done, but I have to rework the airstrip area and two of the landing zones... Might look to you on some of the OOB's for the battle... If you want e-mail me and I will send you the .cmg file.. Not sure how it looks with the way your version is modded.. I downloaded all the PTO mods I could find and loaded them up in a seperate version of CMAK... pretty cool man :D

Here are some of the latest screenies:

Looking North at Fantasy Island

Looking South West

The Airstrip... Needs some work

The Harbor

Lamb Chop Hill

From a potential OP

Will keep you posted J2D

-FR

Hi guys, :D

Great to hear you are busy working on some Hans.. smile.gif

How about a Tarawa Op or street fighting one set in Manila, though I would really love to see something based on the battle of Kohima, maybe an Op or scenario??

I'll have a go at using the PTO in CMAK scenarios, sounds interesting.. smile.gif

How about a modded LVT using a M8 or Kangaroo carrier ??

Originally posted by Rupert_2:

Hi guys, :D

Great to hear you are busy working on some Hans.. smile.gif

How about a Tarawa Op or street fighting one set in Manila, though I would really love to see something based on the battle of Kohima, maybe an Op or scenario??

I'll have a go at using the PTO in CMAK scenarios, sounds interesting.. smile.gif

How about a modded LVT using a M8 or Kangaroo carrier ??

Howdy Rupert and j2d, before I disappear into the wilds of high country Aspen for a week.

Rupert I don't have may CM stuff with me but I do recall gathering up some scenario data for a battle called the "admin box". I believe it was part of the Kohima struggle. The small battles, Burma relief scenario is a composite of a number of smaller action dealing with Kohima.

Philippines, I bought the official US army history of that early campaign and am looking at some of the Stuart vs Japanese tank actions during the retreat to Bataan.

If'd you like to co-author a scenario dig up the details and sent them to me AFTER August 15th.

Hey j2d, found a number of books on 1948/1956 AIWs, some DEI (Dutch East Indies) materials. Still hoping to do the Australian stand on Amboina.

Concept idea, how about a small PTO campaign set in 1942 with two base areas and a common objective island with invasion possibilities for both? Kinda of an expanded version of "East of Elba"? But with both sides invading an island held by each side (Japanese forward seaplane base and an Australian island HQ and patrol base), a rough version of Guadalcanal, with more tanks.

i like it. too bad we dont have spwaw barges.

m.e.

a center island, large flag (or 2), recon forces from both sides, on that island, have to meet and take the flag. a left side island and a right side island with the main forces. shallow fords to traverse. or slivers of coral to drive across. will a.i. attack? stupid planes bombing anybody.

both sides alternating reinforcement turns to flip the balance back and forth.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

hans, i was looking at aiw for portraits and flags mods. in mandelbaums gate (317 dl) you use it for israeli and brits for jordan. in so, Abu Agueila (147 dl) germans and americans.

kinda tough to mod, but possible.

any interest?

I'm back

Sorry about that j2d, I found that for some battles I have to switch around due to equipment needs. In the next AIW, the Egyptians are Brits and Israelis Germans!

Oh ended up with four excellent books on AIW, so more scenarios will be coming out. Also bought a few more books on Burma with a really detailed book on the battles along the Tiddim toad between the Japanese 33rd Division and British 17th.

Anything happened of note since early July, in regards to CM?

Originally posted by junk2drive:

hans, with pyewacket's map converter, if you have any bo or bb maps/battles/ops you can make them cmak files. (or someone elses)

or if you use mapping mission, you can use it to make a bo/bb map and then convert to cmak.

just a suggestion.

Hey great I had intended to convert a few of those, that will make it a lot easier. I'll have to figure out how it works in the next few dsys. Where can pyewacket's genius software be found?