Ambush Marker Question

The HQ AFAIK can set as many as he likes. A unit can target only one ambush marker at a time. You can have as many units as you like targeting any single ambush marker.

So you can have each member in the squad tageting the same ambush marker or all seperatly. Remember that the max range is 300m.

Colonel_Deadmarsh said:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>How many of those targets do you get per squad?<hr></blockquote>

It's not per squad, it's per HQ. Each HQ can make as many as it likes. There is a limit to the total number you can have at once, which I bumped into in the huge "Sherbrooke Fusiliers" scenario, but it's over 100, more like 200.

To use an infantry ambush marker, you have the HQ create it. When this happens, the HQ will be targeting the marker itself. You then click on the squads, give them the target command, and then click on the ambush marker. Because an HQ can have a bunch of markers, you can repeat this procedure to give each squad and say an attached MMG their own markers.

AT weapons (ATGs, zooks, etc.), can also create ambush markers.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Can they target more than one at a time?<hr></blockquote>

No unit may have more than 1 target at once, so no unit can target more than 1 ambush marker at once.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I noticed that it always targets the last marker you place so it worries me to place more than one.<hr></blockquote>

Only the HQ or AT weapon that creates the marker starts out targeted on it. So yeah, if an HQ makes a bunch of markers, it will be targeted on the last one. But that's no problem because you can hit the X key to remove the targeting line, then the T key and target the HQ unit on an earlier HQ marker.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bullethead:

There is a limit to the total number you can have at once, which I bumped into in the huge "Sherbrooke Fusiliers" scenario, but it's over 100, more like 200.<hr></blockquote>

I just checked-- it's only 30 ambush markers. I've come up against it more than once.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

But that's no problem because you can hit the X key to remove the targeting line, then the T key and target the HQ unit on an earlier HQ marker.<hr></blockquote>

Or leave the HQ hidden without a target. I like to keep them hidden, because once they get exposed they draw all the fire in the neighborhood.

You can also create an ambush marker with a unit way up at the front, and have a unit way at the back (AT gun for example) target it. That gets you around the 300 m limit for ambush markers created by AT guns.

Thanks for the help--some stuff there I didn't know. Yes, I'm aware only HQ's can target and not squads. I meant to type teams, as in AT teams, and I had noticed that they only seemed to be targetting the last marker I put down while the others had no lines between them and the unit. BTS, why was it coded in there to let AT teams create more than one marker if it doesn't mean anything? :rolleyes:

That really, really, really, screwed me up on my last turn. Oh, you have no idea... :(

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

BTS, why was it coded in there to let AT teams create more than one marker if it doesn't mean anything? <hr></blockquote>

Well maybe it doesn't mean any thing, But it is bloody useful for those German support platoons.

You can use an attached Panzershreck, mortar or gun to create an ambush marker at greater distances than the platoon CO is capable of doing.

This means that you can cover 'that open ground' 250m yonder, and catch the enemy infantry out in the open. The spandau's can be hiding and therefore won't fire at the first piss ant scout that comes along and give away they're position.

Ofcourse this tactic is perfectly valid with the allies, but it is particuarly suited to the germans because, as you will no doubt be aware, the MG42 has such evil, reach.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by D'arcy Montague:

Well maybe it doesn't mean any thing, But it is bloody useful for those German support platoons.

You can use an attached Panzershreck, mortar or gun to create an ambush marker at greater distances than the platoon CO is capable of doing.

This means that you can cover 'that open ground' 250m yonder, and catch the enemy infantry out in the open. The spandau's can be hiding and therefore won't fire at the first piss ant scout that comes along and give away they're position.

Ofcourse this tactic is perfectly valid with the allies, but it is particuarly suited to the germans because, as you will no doubt be aware, the MG42 has such evil, reach.<hr></blockquote>

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here...