Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Artillery mods are lacking

Guest Napoleon1944

Guest Napoleon1944

After close inspection of the allied towed guns, I have noticed some, especially the 6pdr AT, do not even resemble the gun at all. Anyone working on these mods? The 6pdr needs a rework of the gun shield and muzzle break. The 17pdr could use the ropes on the front of the gun shield. I think the 17prd muzzle break could be copied onto the 6prd with appropriate size adjustment. As you know Napoleon is quite concerned with artillery. smile.gif

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Napoleon1944,

If you want to scream about a gun that doesn't look right, take a gander at the U.S. 90mm. It's not even close to correct. This was because there simply wasn't enough time to do everything to perfection graphically and still meet the release date.

Regards,

John Kettler

PS

It's "muzzle brake," not "muzzle break" as you have it. The device redirects some of the muzzle blast, thus reducing recoil forces on the gun.

[This message has been edited by John Kettler (edited 02-03-2001).]

I'm working on some SP arty, doing a desert mod for the Priest. Never knew tracks would be so much harder than the rest of the mod, my hat goes off to all mod makers who can do them well.

Did you like the tire chains?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Never knew tracks would be so much harder than the rest of the mod, my hat goes off to all mod makers who can do them well.

Hehe. Do you have a website, Gustav?

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Jesus Dress Up!

The McNoldy Group

Guest Napoleon1944

Liked the chains Gustav. Not too good myself with mods. Nice try, forgot about the treads turning. I am afraid to look closely at the US artillery! 2 wheels and a gun!

I know what a muzzle brake is just misspelled it.

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Originally posted by Kitty:

Hehe. Do you have a website, Gustav?

Kitty

Would you like to build one for me? Would you like to put my mods on your page?

No I don't have a website, and I need one to put my mods on. For picture hosting, I've been using canned Geocities pages. They work alright for linking pictures of mods to this board, but I can't put files on them. Trouble is, if I stop doing mods long enough to get a page up, I won't have enough mods to put on it. And I think I still have to go to class once or twice a week.

Precalculus is the curse of the gaming class.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska