Looking for accurate maps of Egypt.

With the amout of scenarios made in the Egyptian desert, there will be surely somebody who can send me Egyptian maps covering the whole sector of El Alamein, to recreate the incredible story of a 19 year-old german soldier who earned the knight's cross after destroying 9 enemy tanks in a single battle.

He was the youngest man to recieve that award.

Thanks by advance,

Paulus

1) You can get free satellite imagery, map and elevation model data at

http://geoengine.nima.mil/geospatial/SW_TOOLS/NIMAMUSE/webinter/rast_roam.html

2) You can get commercial global satellite imagery coverage in natural color at 15m/pixel resolution at:

http://www.earthsat.com/naturalvue

Don't know what this would cost. You can probably download small areas covering individual CM-size battlefields for free.

I am particularly amazed by the second link ...

That's impressive ! It provides a sufficient zooming system to accurately see each road, path, houses or fields ...

Thanks for your help 1stUkr.Front ! smile.gif

Maybe the last time I ask for mapping resources ? :D (no, it's impossible by nature ...)

As Sergei said, roads and even villages in Egypt, Lybia, Ex-USSR and Finland rarely changed since the war, at least in rural areas.

Thanks again,

Paulus