More mod previews--take a look

Here are a couple more mods to be released with the Panzer Guy set this weekend (hopefully--the Panzer Guy(s) still need a *little* more work).

Hi-res photorealistic Heer with splinter camo smocks and helmet covers:

camoheer.jpg

Hi-res photorealistic weathered wooden MG bunker:

bunker.jpg

I always thought the wooden bunker looked a little wimpy, kind of like it was built of little sticks. This one is made from LOGS baby! It's a MAN'S bunker.

Ahem, sorry, I guess I got a little excited there. Anyhow, I like it and I hope you do too. :D

As always, questions, comments or suggestions welcome, especially now before I release the final versions.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fairbairn-Sykes Trench Knife:

The helmet covers are superb! Crisp details on the smocks as well...

The logs look nice and chewed up. Can't wait to call arty on that bunker...

Any word on the Commonwealth gear?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, since you're being *so* nice, and since you ask me about them every %&*!@# time, tongue.gif here are some shots of the (in progress) Commonwealth uniform mod:

brits3.jpg

brits1.jpg

polish.jpg

Those strange-looking khaki thingies on some of the helmets is my attempt to depict scrim. I'm still unsure of how successful it was.

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

A hearty "Thank You!" from the cheap seats...

seriously, i'm sorry to beg so much, i just see all the Wehrmacht goodies & get all jealous. :D These look great! Love those Bergen rucksacks and red tin cups. Perhaps the scrim (which is pretty decent anyway) would benefit from some extra earth tones. Those Red Devils look pretty sharp.

Andrew TF

All I can say is OH MY GOD.

The splinter camo is of the best quality I have ever seen, and a must have.

You have truly out done yourself this time.

I have 2 questions for you first, in the pic with the wooden bunker, what trees & grass are you using?

Secondly are you planning on doing any more US uniforms? I really like you new Commonwealth look. What I am getting at is, I like your US uniforms but the backpacks look a little strange to me. Now the new pics for the commonwealth, their packs looks great, could you possible redo the US troops with the same packs?

Don't get me wrong you do great mods, just the packs are a little strange to me.

Keeps up the excellent work

Shatter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter:

Andrew TF

I have 2 questions for you first, in the pic with the wooden bunker, what trees & grass are you using?

Secondly are you planning on doing any more US uniforms? I really like you new Commonwealth look. What I am getting at is, I like your US uniforms but the backpacks look a little strange to me. Now the new pics for the commonwealth, their packs looks great, could you possible redo the US troops with the same packs?

Don't get me wrong you do great mods, just the packs are a little strange to me.

Keeps up the excellent work

Shatter<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The grass and trees are from Magua's monumental Normandy mod. smile.gif As far as the US uniforms, I hadn't planned on changing them. The backpack is a GI musette bag and it looks like it is supposed to look.

Can you tell me specifically what makes them look weird? I might be able to fix them.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

The grass and trees are from Magua's monumental Normandy mod. smile.gif

---------------------------------------------

Thats what I thought but just was not sure. I guess it just was an exceptional pic.

As far as the US uniforms, I hadn't planned on changing them. The backpack is a GI musette bag and it looks like it is supposed to look.

Can you tell me specifically what makes them look weird? I might be able to fix them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess what bothers me is the pack, when playing the game looks rounded at the bottom of the pack. I could be wrong but is this not the same pack as in DD's unifomrs.

Viewing BMP for the uniforms, the packs look the same, but DD's is more squared

at the bottom, when playing CM (not rounded). Your BMP looks squared but when playing CM it looks rounded.

Maybe it's because DD's are low-res and your are high-res?

I really hate to nit-pick, I just think the packs look to rounded at the bottom. Its nothing I can't live with , if you don't plan on changing them.

Hope this helps

Shatter

Superb, great work.

I notice that those Brits are fleeing for their lives after having the face-hugger from Alien land on their heads. I don't blame them, that bit frightened the beejesus out of me as well.

Seriously though, I can't wait to d/l those beautiful uniforms.

Well just great! :mad:

Now I'm going to have to add another Rule for my German Uniform Ruleset. Damn!

Just kidding.....

Andrew,

I assume you don't mind if I use your uniforms in the CMMOS German Uniform Ruleset do you?

Fairbairn-Sykes,

The helmet cover is very easy to make once you have your basic camo. Just take the arm file, make a 128x128 selection and paste it as a new image. Then save it as 5015.bmp. Whalla, you now have a helmet to match whatever camo you're using.