3 Days! Processed, packed, & delivered!

I know some of you had to wait quite a while for your game to be delivered, especially those of you overseas. I've been reading this forum for a few months now, and I expected the worst when it came time for me to place and receive my order. Patience in check, I placed that order, and here's what happened:

I submitted my order very early this Wednesday morning past. I emailed MadMatt that night just to see if anyone at Battlefront had heard of me. He wrote back to let me know the order had not yet been processed but probably would be within a couple of days. I expected that. We exchanged a few more emails. I couldn't believe how quickly Matt was responding. Within an hour, we'd traded at least four emails--all very supportive and friendly.

Hoping to receive the game by this weekend, I tried bribing Madmatt with a Thanksgiving dinner--beer and wine included--if he would just hurry my order along. Tempted as he was, he wouldn't bite. The offer of hot buttered rolls almost got him.

I'll cut to the chase. I placed the order Wednesday morning and got it today--Saturday. Not only does this game rock like a muther, the people behind it do too.

My demo's dead. I'm off now to refit a whole new world with grungy mods.

Thanks and all best to Matt & company.

Mudfrost

P.S. Maybe the buttered rolls worked after all.

Guest Jock Abroad
Originally posted by Mudfrost:

"I'll cut to the chase. I placed the order Wednesday morning and got it today--Saturday."

must be nice!

I ordered mine on the 20th Dec/00 the same day I ordered a game from the UK...the game from the UK arrived on Jan02nd and still no sign of CMBO

So much for Canadian Customs eh!

Guest Jock Abroad

Thanks Mudfrost. Sorry if I sounded a little too envious. I'm glad you got yours so fast...I just wish it was me is all biggrin.gif

Mudfrost,

Yep, I got it Saturday afternoon. I was thrilled. But guess what I have yet to get to play it. I have had a chance to read some of the manual but I have been downloading MODS and scenerios from Wild Bill Wilder.

I have had a chance to see if it would slow down on my Computer and it looks like I am going to have a tad of trouble in the HUGH ones. It slowed down a bit. But I think the rest will be okay and the Hugh might be good enough. I love Good Long, Big battles. If not I will be getting a new Video Card in the next year or so, so there is enough to keep me busy.

Hope you enjoy it. God Bless.

"Play for and make the breaks, when one comes your way score" Gen. Robert R. Neyland

Three days! I ordered on the 29th November (to be delivered to the UK) and Im still waiting! The cash has been debited from my card so I guess the order has been dispatched but two emails to sales@battlefront.com to confirm this have so far elicited no response. The waiting is driving me nuts. I must say though that it is very refreshing to see a wargame of this calibre on the PC, particularly one so well supported by the community and the designers. A real labour of love if ever I saw one!

Cheers

Cavall

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jock Abroad:

Originally posted by Mudfrost:

"I'll cut to the chase. I placed the order Wednesday morning and got it today--Saturday."

must be nice!

I ordered mine on the 20th Dec/00 the same day I ordered a game from the UK...the game from the UK arrived on Jan02nd and still no sign of CMBO

So much for Canadian Customs eh! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ITs not so bad(I live in western Canada it tock 3 weeks after the frist ship ment on CM whent out,but that was the frist big wave)

Cavall,

Your situation seems extreme. I can't imagine what the problem is. I suggest you e-mail Madmatt. I don't know that he got my order here any quicker but he was very supportive.

Give him a shout. His e-mail address is at the top of the page.

Mudfrost