Ever wonder?

Have you ever wondered what the results would be of a free for all between all the US and German armor available in November 1944, including one of each model for each troop quality level from Green to Elite on a mostly very flat map with almost no cover?

No? Well I have (I was really bored, see...), and here's the result:

AAR.jpg

If you want to see what a tank getting hit 12 times in 10 seconds looks like I could send you the game file. BEWARE this "scenario" is a real test for your CPU, so if you don't mind waiting 5 to 15 minutes between turns then give it a shot.

"A bored Marine is a dangerous thing to have around the house"

Gyrene

wait a minute...why were there MORE axis than allies, who were on the attack? i smells me a fix... smile.gif

i did something similar(it was a map with ALL the units on display so i could see them modded without purchasing)

basically the allies had a huge number of sherm variants and wiped out the germans and won at heavy loss

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> wait a minute...why were there MORE axis than allies, who were on the attack? i smells me a fix... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were 527 Allies (Add all men OK, Captured, KIA and Casualties) to 536 German crewmen. My guess for this is there possibly might have been 1 or more German tanks or some German tanks might have had larger crews.

I'd loved it if the US side had pulled a come from behind win, but not at this date.

Hero of the day would go to a Sherman Jumbo who killed 1 KT and a Panther G, along with 3 other smaller tanks. It then got holed some 8 times...

Pretty pointless exercise, really. smile.gif

Gyrene

Once when I was really bored, I placed a german battalion on the map, in parade ground formation and had them slowly advance on the US side. The Us forces were a dozen assorted arty spotters, it was pretty fun watchin that battalion get mauled in the open, or maybe i should cut down on the ganji. . .

Dunee, I once made a very small map, as small as you can make it, with two opposing hills. The only US and German troops were 2 each of the heaviest Arty spotters available to each side.

Some big craters.

Funny enough, I ran the surviving US spotter all the way up the German hill and the opposing spotters just sat side by side gleefully ignoring one another.

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> doesn't casualties include KIA? i thought that was why KIA was in parentheses... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question...I have no idea!

That might be true...In that case the US side was quite a bit behind. (Haing no Pershings or Super Pershings didn't help either)

Gyrene