Fields of fire suggestion

Ok, just got the game, love it. Here's an idea I had, it's probably been suggested before but here goes--

Give squads and/or vehicles the ability to define fields of fire. Click the FoF option from the orders menu, a line extends from the unit to your mouse pointer. Click and hold to drag an arc that that unit is now responsible for (color is filled in on-screen). Then during the action phase, your units would be more likely to target enemy units that appear within this arc.

The benefit here is that you could set up better fire discipline. For example if you had 2 squads at the edge of a woods, one could target from 0 degrees ahead to 30 degrees to the left, the other could target 0 degrees ahead to 30 degrees to the right.

Comments?

Well Pipboy, the only chance of getting near that is setting up ambush zones.. anyone that comes near it or on it you wack them good. Now depending on your troops experience I found the better the experience the better the bang for your buck. Green troops tend to start firing at incoming troops almost 15m before the zone, vet troops practicaly wait till they are on the zone, but they make thier mark. Give it a try.

Thanks Mr. Johnson. It may very well be in CC4 but I wouldn't know because this is the first wargame I've ever taken an interest in.

That reminds me Mensch, is there any way to delete an ambush zone? Delete and backspace have no effect.

yup your right viceroy... leave the ambush marker untargeted for a turn and poof its gone. One thing I did notice is that you can only have so many ambush markers then you get after that maximum you get one around or more if you untarget some of the existing markers.