Unfair information from Troops shouting in battle.

OK, I should have noticed this before, but never did. Playing as the Germans, and nearing the end of the scenario. Some (well, many actually) of my squads are in low ammo situations. Am wondering if my opponents troops are in the same boat. Well, a couple of movies ago I was watching near an American position when what do I overhear? "We need more Ammo!" & one other exclamation telling me in no uncertain turns that at least some of the Yanks are low on ammo. Really this isn't a big deal, but it made me feel a little better. But I thought of my opponent listening in on my Axis troops. He could gleen nothing from thier banter, seeing as how his German is zero, so his fear and uncertainty remain.

There have been translations to English of the various phrases in each of the languages included in CM. It is up to each player to learn the meaning of the phrases that may have an impact on gameplay. One real life benfit of my years of playing Close Combat and CM is that if I am ever in Germany and a war breaks out, at least I will be able to tell someone not to shoot me, and if I am shot, at least I can call a medic and tell him I was hit in the leg. smile.gif

Yes, it is easier for those of us who speak English and not German to understand what the enemy is saying, especially when the enemy is far away. However, there are CM players who speak German and little English. I imagine they have as much trouble with the English as we do the German. The only completely fair solution is to have the soldiers speek in gibberish like the Sims, but that would suck for everyone. You can find the translations if you do a search, or maybe someone will post a link.

Here's a link: Moon's Translations

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]