Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Surely this is a bug with the AI during setup?

Situation:

I've made a scenario where one side has plenty of trucks (and APCs) for transportation.

As the scenario starts they've just arrived at their destination, and disembarked, so all trucks are fairly close to their former passengers.

The terrain is very open with very good LOS all over, so all vehicles can expect to be spotted from the start.

Now, when I let the AI control these, and set it to "use scenario default" for setup, it still moves all trucks into the far corner of the setup area so that they make a perfect target for heavy artillery...

- Shouldn't the AI leave all units, including soft vehicles, in their original spot during setup?

- Do I have to padlock all soft vehicles for the AI to work correctly? I don't want to do this because then the scenario will be a drag for any human player controlling said troops.

TIA

Olle

Olle, I'd recommend deleting the trucks. They're a drag on the game engine, and serve little tactical purpose.

There is, I think, a bug concerning vehicles that are 100% helpless. They freak out and act really dumb.

Making several setup boxes, and forcing the trucks into them, might help.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

1) Olle, I'd recommend deleting the trucks. They're a drag on the game engine, and serve little tactical purpose.

2) Making several setup boxes, and forcing the trucks into them, might help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) The whole idea is to recreate a historical battle as far as possible, and the trucks were there.

Their tactical use, as is, is to distract the enemy...

They do slow down the game engine a bit. Not sure how much, since the opposition is very heavy on vehicles as well. I have scaled down both sides to approximately 1:7.5 in numbers.

2) This is almost as bad as padlocking.

The main issue here is why the AI relocates the trucks at all, when it's supposed to use the default setup!

Cheers

Olle

There's a slight similarity to the AI insistence of always turning pillboxes facing west unless padlocked. Despite the order to use dafault positions. I don't know if it still does that or if it's been fixed.

That was a known issue, this truck thing I haven't heard of before.

No help here. Sorry. :(