Hotseat??

I read a lot about PBEM and TCP/IP games, but nothing about Hotseat games.Is it hard to find a player to play a hotseat game or does everbody prefer PBEM and TCP/IP.

I prefer hotseat,I will admit to never have played a PBEM game and I have never played CM TCP/IP. Just curious.

"I know not what course others may take,

as for me give me liberty or give me death."

Patrick Henery 1776

hotseat is good if you can get a friend or opponent you trust (that leaves out all cesspoolers smile.gif ) to your house to play.

You both share one computer and there is a lot of jumping out of the single chair as you change turns...

If you have the equipment, two computers networked... the fastest way to play.. over the net or over a home LAN is via IP. This way you both place your orders at the same time. Halves the playing time of most games.. if not more. Set your timer uncomfortably low and you can get some really hairy games.

Scott Karch

I play hotseat with my wife. She will only play me or the AI so far. I almost have her talked into emailing Kitty. I also find it useful when checking scenarios I have made.

Armornut

EDIT; Wow now I am a real member!

[This message has been edited by armornut (edited 02-21-2001).]

I have three friends that play CM hotseat all the time. A while ago we thought about making a mini campaign but we stopped really playing CM after the last few patches. I know they fixed some problems but they did things like radically change point values and allocations in ways we feel are not reasonable. Also there is that pesky problem with the grenade-immune halftracks.

Originally posted by Tanaka:

Black Five,

You don't need the hub for nathing... just a "swaped" cable and 2 network cards wink.gif

Its also called a "cross over " cable depending on where you are from.

It is a special ethernet cable for connecting two computers with NO hub

for head to hhead it works GREAT!

two laptops and a cross over cable and its like "battle ship" in the 21st century

CMBO head to head via laptops and thats the way to enjoy this game with a skilled opponent (you can enjoy beating!), now thats the way to enjoy playing this game at its very finest! smile.gif

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 02-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 02-22-2001).]

Originally posted by armornut:

I play hotseat with my wife. She will only play me or the AI so far. I almost have her talked into emailing Kitty. I also find it useful when checking scenarios I have made.

Armornut

EDIT; Wow now I am a real member!

[This message has been edited by armornut (edited 02-21-2001).]

Congratulations, new member. =) I'd be happy to play your wife if she ever decides to e-mail me. =)

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Jesus Dress Up!

The McNoldy Group