Some guns don't fire on area target!

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if this has happened to any one else?

Since the new patch, I have had a Hetzer tank refuse to area fire on a light double storey building with ** damage indication and also an infantry gun refused to area fire. I tried different turns in the same senario, but no luck.

Quite annoying when the opposition is camped inside!

BTS I have the file if you like.

mfred

Did they have ammo? Did they just refuse to fire, or did they switch targets to something else? Was the hetzer shocked?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Originally posted by mfred:

I have had a Hetzer tank refuse to area fire on a light double storey building with ** damage indication and also an infantry gun refused to area fire. I tried different turns in the same senario, but no luck.

I had a 75mm AT gun refuse to fire on a building for two whole turns in a recent PBEM game. The LOS was good. I read another thread about this kind of thing a while ago, so it does seem that there's a problem.

------------------

"He belongs to a race which has coloured the map red, and all he wants are the green fields of England..."

- Joe Illingworth, Yorkshire Post War Correspondent

Yes, I have also seen this behavior with a stugIII and a tiger with good line of sight. Neither one was damaged or stunned and both had ammo. They refused to fire for several turns and then for unknown reason began firing again. They were targeted to fire at infantry in a large building. Neither one switched fire to anything else, they just refused to fire for 3 turns.

>I had a 75mm AT gun refuse to fire on a building for two whole turns in a recent PBEM game. The LOS was good.

And now you reveal this !!! smile.gif

I should have kept that squad put. I did wonder why you did not shoot at that squad eventhough I was sure you saw it enter the building.

It seems the probem is when the area target is imposed on a yet unseen enemy unit. I have noticed the targeting mode will hop to point at a unit when it comes close enough. An inconvenience if you try to issue a area target at the location of a seen unit (like leveling a small house). Can this feature be used to sniff out ambushes ? Does the TacAI benefit from this feature to sniff out ambushes ?

Originally posted by tero:

And now you reveal this !!!

I think you knew I was having problems when the 75mm AT gun "turned off" it's ambush marker and engaged infantry, allowing your Sherman to escape, or when the HMG refused to fire at your onrushing infantry which then proceeded to overpower the crew... rolleyes.gif

I certainly knew my luck was out when your Sherman then strolled through an AT minefield and came out the other side intact... biggrin.gif

------------------

"He belongs to a race which has coloured the map red, and all he wants are the green fields of England..."

- Joe Illingworth, Yorkshire Post War Correspondent

If you had any infantry near by, the gun probably wouldn't fire. I found this out by being a sick bastard and trying to order a tank to indirect fire at my own infantry. No matter what I did, it refused to fire HE, only used it's MGs.

Hey man...quit looking at me funny! I wanted to see the effects of a Churchill AVRE on infantry without having to send it into battle.

I said quit looking at me that way!!!!!!