Mad Dog Packs East? --Question for Madmatt, Kwazydog, and team

Will there be a Mad dog pack for CM2? One of things that impressed me was how fast good quality mods like the Mad Dog packs came out. Most of us could get the mod well before we got the game. The improvements were quite impressive in both the sound and graphical department. Will we see this again for the East? I guess perhaps not since your graphics and sounds will be in CM2 from the beginning. However, will you create a more hi-res version of the stock textures??

We are really going to try hard and push the bounds of graphics and sounds with CMBB but if for some reason we have to scale either back somewhat (for pratical considerations for example) then I think its a safe bet there might be something *more* that ole' Kwazy and myself (and others) might throw together post release.

;)

Madmatt

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

We are really going to try hard and push the bounds of graphics and sounds with CMBB but if for some reason we have to scale either back somewhat (for pratical considerations for example) then I think its a safe bet there might be something *more* that ole' Kwazy and myself (and others) might throw together post release.

;)

Madmatt

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will the German models actually be the same dimensions as in CM1? I am wondering if we could transfer the many German hi-res mods in CM1 to CM2. Also, if you could see fit to do a nice Das Reich Tiger 1, that would be great!! Anyway, thanks for your hard work and modding efforts.

Commissar,

I don't think the 2 games will compare : when CM shipped, the small team did'nt have many resources to put on graphics, and gave us good quality but low res textures.

Now for CMBB all textures will be given from start in HiRes,, and there's not much point going beyond (though it's possible, try Audace's M10 !)

And as for existing mods, amazingly, there's a hundred good hires mods of Panthers and PzIVs, but only 1 of Tiger I - MadDog's - and II - Kitty's !!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commissar:

Will the German models actually be the same dimensions as in CM1? I am wondering if we could transfer the many German hi-res mods in CM1 to CM2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My understanding is that this will not be possible. CM2 vehicle models will have more polys than in CM1, so the CM1 textures will not match up properly.

Well the physical dimensions of the vehicles themselves will be the same (although there is a rumor that everything in the East Front was actually 56.8% smaller than you would think) but as Vanir said above the polygons for all the underlying models has been increased to a great degree...As such an existing texture mod would not properly stretch correctly over the vehicles shape and would instead look much like the saggy apparition which is Mace after a late night with the "flock"...

Madmatt