ASL Scenario 83 An Uncommon Occurrence

ASL Scenario 84 Round One

ASL Scenario 85 No Way Out

ASL Scenario 86 Fighting Back

ASL Scenario 87 Good Night, Sweet Prince

ASL Scenario 88 Art Nouveau

ASL Scenario 89 Rescue Attempt

ASL Scenario 90 Pride and Joy

Is about the Danish fight at Haderslev on 9 April 1940?

If so could I get some feedback on which maps are used and the info?

Thanks

Western board is 23, eastern is 16

They're abutted long edge-on.

Board 23's number is north, while 16's is flipped south.

Only rows R-GG on 23 and A-P on 16 are in play.

If you need more info let me know - time to head to work.

Originally posted by Hans:

Hey Guru

I've been told that one of these ASL scenario-

ASL Scenario 87 Good Night, Sweet Prince

Is about the Danish fight at Haderslev on 9 April 1940?

If so could I get some feedback on which maps are used and the info?

Thanks

[ June 18, 2004, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Brent Pollock ]

...yup..it's got a Nimbus.

Okay, here we go...let's see how much typing I can get done before I have to head out of the house...

VC: The Germans win at game end [it's 7 turns, by the way] by having >= 21 VP of Good Order Infantry/Mobile AFV (with some functioning MA/MG) west of the canal (counted as CVP).

Danish OB:

[ELR:1]

{SAN:2}

set up on any whole/half hex of board 23 (see SSR 3):

4 x 457 1st line

2 x 437 green

2 x 228 crew

1 x 8-1

1 x 8-0

1 x HMG

1 x MMG

1 x LMG

1 x 37L Bofors AT (AP only)

1 x 20L M-35 AT

2 x WIRE

Enter on Turn 2 along the West edge of board 23:

1 x Nimbus (a 20L MG armed motorcycle)

German OB:

[ELR: 3]

{SAN: 2}

Enter on Turn 1 along the east edge of board 16:

2 x 468 Elite

7 x 467 1st line

3 x 447 2nd line

1 x 9-1

1 x 8-1

1 x 8-0

3 x LMG

1 x 9-1 AL

2 x Pz IIF

Enter on turn 4 along the south edge of board(s) 16/23, east of the canal:

1 x Pz IIF

SSR:

1. EC are Moderate with a Mild Breeze from the southeast at start.

2. All buildings are Single Story Houses [EXC: hex 23Y7 contains a Steeple Location at both Level 1 and Level 2 (B31.2)]. All roads are paved (B3.).

3. The Danish 37mm Bofors AT Gun has a B# of 10, must set up unconcealed in a road hex (as must the M-35 AT Gun), and any Danish crew manning it is Fanatic (A10.8). Boresighting is NA.

4. Surrender may not be refused (i.e., a surrendering unit may not be eliminated thereby invoking No Quarter (A20.3). Danish personnel surrender on a Final Heat of Battle DR > 8. German units suffering ELR are not Replaced but instead become Disrupted (A19.2).

Could be a real bugger to convert to CM...no time to type the Intro and Aftermath.

Sorry - no scanning coming from me.

And don't get fooled by ASL scenarios having the same digits:

ASL### = core module

CH### = a Critical Hit production

J### = ASL Journal

RB### = Red Barricades HASL module

PB### = Pegasus Bridge HASL module

etc.

You can end up with several haing the same ### but a different prefix denoting a different source.

I'll be intrigued by how you adjust for the Nimbus and the SSRs.

Thanks Brent

I was a PanzerBlitz player and never got into ASL so its an unknown world for me.

If you can get me that Intro and other info it will be appreciated.

I probably won't do a direct translation of the ASL, but will use some of the information to build a new scenario using (hopefully) maps and diagrams from an unknown Danish source.

Nimbus? Kubelwagen with LMG team and a gentlemens rule that the two stay together!

SSR....that is what? Is that unit quality? The Danish will be green, conscripts and a sprinkling of regulars. From one Danish source one of the fights (not Haberslev) was led by a Danish officer with experience in the French Foreign Legion and fighting with the Monarchists in the Spanish Civil War. Germans will be regulars, some green and a sprinkling of vets.

SSR = Scenario Special Rule

Nimbus substitute...maybe a jeep/truck with a 20 L ATR/AA?

INTRO:

HADERSLEV, DENMARK, 9 April 1940: The invasion of Denmark was part of operation Weseru:bung, the effort to secure the vital ore mines in Norway. Strong German motorized forces crossed the border early in the morning of April 9th. The small Danish garrison units near the border took up the fight against German forces ten times larger. Several German armored cars were damaged or destroyed, and the Germans soon learned to fear the 20mm guns mounted on Nimbus motorcycles poised for ambush at every major road intersection. By the time the Germans had reached Haderslev 60km north of the border, they had the tanks in the forefront.

AFTERMATH:

Three companies were present in Haderslev, augmented by mobilizing army reserves-the largest Danish force to see combat. The local commander set up a strong defence along the canal, which split the town in two. Action commmenced when several approaching German tanks were engaged by the crew of an anti-tank gun positioned out in the open on the road just south of the canal; the crew kept on firing until overrun. The Germans were stopped at the canal but soon slipped by amidst Danish confusion over the cease-fire ordered by the government. By the time things were straightened out, the Germans were racing north to catch up with the paratroopers who had just captured the airport at Aalborg, vital to the invasion of Norway.