X-ray vision?

Since I upgraded to v 1.12, I have noticed that LOS/LOF through hard terrain is deeper than before. For instance, I have seen fire exchanges between units through about 80 meters of woods (not scattered). Also, units behind buildings get targeted and shot at. It used to be that even slivers of woods provided substantial cover from LOS. I have had to alter many of my tactics due to this increased "transparency".

Is this an intentional change in the system, i.e. that the terrain was too obstructive before and they made it thinner?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caralampio:

Since I upgraded to v 1.12, I have noticed that LOS/LOF through hard terrain is deeper than before. For instance, I have seen fire exchanges between units through about 80 meters of woods (not scattered). Also, units behind buildings get targeted and shot at. It used to be that even slivers of woods provided substantial cover from LOS. I have had to alter many of my tactics due to this increased "transparency".

Is this an intentional change in the system, i.e. that the terrain was too obstructive before and they made it thinner?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

was it winter? in winter its easier to see cause of no leaves...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caralampio:

Well it was Wiltz. No ground snow but I think that counts as winter.

Doesn't explain the buildings though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cold air, they could see their breath coming around the corner of the building :D