German Offensives/Good Scenarios

This post pertains to CMAK

I have really enjoyed these two scenarios particularly:

Line of Defense

The Melfa Bridgehead

Now, here are my questions. As far as Line of Defense goes, are there any scenarios of the same caliber - good replayability, not too large, an interesting offensive with many lines of approach, good tanks, but not too many, overall constant movement in the scenario? Also, are there any scenarios of the same idea but with the sides "switched" - i.e. German offensive against Allied prepared defenses?

Then, the Melfa Bridgehead: are there any scenarios this size with the same complex defense to it, interesting movement, very intricate mapboard, and variety of units, etc. (Sorry, this one might be rather vague, but if you've played it I think you'll know what I mean.)

Also, just remembered: Wiltz was a lot of fun as well - a direct attack by the German player with enought strategy to make it interesting, and no real game throwers that if you don't do on the first turn you are dead. Any more like this one?

Thanks! :D

Originally posted by Major Belles:

Line of Defense

The Melfa Bridgehead

Now, here are my questions. As far as Line of Defense goes, are there any scenarios of the same caliber - good replayability, not too large, an interesting offensive with many lines of approach, good tanks, but not too many, overall constant movement in the scenario? Also, are there any scenarios of the same idea but with the sides "switched" - i.e. German offensive against Allied prepared defenses?

Then, the Melfa Bridgehead: are there any scenarios this size with the same complex defense to it, interesting movement, very intricate mapboard, and variety of units, etc. (Sorry, this one might be rather vague, but if you've played it I think you'll know what I mean.)

Also, just remembered: Wiltz was a lot of fun as well - a direct attack by the German player with enought strategy to make it interesting, and no real game throwers that if you don't do on the first turn you are dead. Any more like this one?

Major Belle, glad you liked Melfa, I must ask which enemy you found the most dangerous, the ATG, SPs or tanks?

For larger more complex battle I would recommend:

Small Battles, decision at Juvarra

Tough decisions to be made

Small Battles, the three daughters

cracking an in depth German defense

Small Battles, Sigh Bridge

British must clear a blocked bridge while holding of the Jerries, cross, then blow the bridge

Small Battles, Marubouai, Burma

Clear a fortified jungle ridgeline of fanatic Japanese Infantry

Small Battles, Hussars at Medicina

A historic blood bath, a true armour 'charge'.

Small Battles, the Transvaal Scottish Hold!

Historic defense against a strong Italian counter-attack.

For operations I could recommend the existing Small Operations 'May 15th, 1940' and Small Operation Abu Agueila, 1956 which will come out tomorrow at the Scenario Depot.

Hans

Originally posted by Hans:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Major Belles:

Line of Defense

The Melfa Bridgehead

Major Belle, glad you liked Melfa, I must ask which enemy you found the most dangerous, the ATG, SPs or tanks?

For larger more complex battle I would recommend:

Small Battles, decision at Juvarra

Tough decisions to be made

Small Battles, the three daughters

cracking an in depth German defense

Small Battles, Sigh Bridge

British must clear a blocked bridge while holding of the Jerries, cross, then blow the bridge

Small Battles, Marubouai, Burma

Clear a fortified jungle ridgeline of fanatic Japanese Infantry

Small Battles, Hussars at Medicina

A historic blood bath, a true armour 'charge'.

Small Battles, the Transvaal Scottish Hold!

Historic defense against a strong Italian counter-attack.

For operations I could recommend the existing Small Operations 'May 15th, 1940' and Small Operation Abu Agueila, 1956 which will come out tomorrow at the Scenario Depot.

Hans </font>

Yes I wonder why the Germans employed those SP's in that part of the battlefield. In reading about the battle most were destroyed by Canadian tanks at point blank range. Restricted terrain is not the best place for Long Range Tank Destroyers!

Ah the Panthers, yes they are a kinda "uber" tank.