Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New Title Screens

pakfan:

I like the bunker. However, I can't seem to download it. When I click on it, I get no download dialogue only screwed up text/code.

Not you buttons are extremely difficult for me to click as it appears the active part of the button is reduced to a single thin line at the lower border of the button.

Is it just me?

Pakfan, first off let me say EXCELLENT WEB SITE! Those pictures your Grandfather took are great and a rare find indeed! Not to mention all of the other wonderful pictures of Europe and the museums that you've visited.

I am assuming that your Grandfather was with an artillery battalion? Is he still around today? If so, have you ever shown him Combat Mission. I have lost both of my Grandfathers and would loved to have showed them C.M.. We talked about the war a lot. One of them having seen extensive action as a sharpshooter in the Philippians. He too had some incredible pictures of the war but unfortunately they where lost when his house caught fire years ago. The only thing that remained undamaged was a German P38 Luger that his Brother brought back from Europe. It was amazing that the original leather case protected it from the flames.

Cheers,

Head

Hi !

Unfortunately, both my grandfathers are dead by now, so none of them could see this great game ;). I'm not so sure they'd really like that sort of game anyway...

One of them started his career in an artillery regiment of the Wehrmacht and fought in Poland and Norway. After that he came to France, as a member of the Waffen-SS. Sadly, a lot of the photos he took were lost - or ruined by children with pencils. Those that are still in good condition were scanned and placed on my web page.

The other one spent his war time on the eastern front and returned several years after the end of WW2 from russian imprisonment. There are no photos left. He used to have a box full of photos, old bank-notes, letter and stamps - but imagine what he did: he just thre them away them because he no longer needed that :-(.

There's no MP40 hidden in his house, and no PaK40 in the garage. Bad luck. But it's not legal to own it in Germany anyway.

Greetings,

PaKFan