Jabos

Yes, it´s actually possible to shoot down enemy fighter bombers.

And I can tell you, there´s nothing better than your Flak shooting down one of those P 47´s!!

The probability of your assets shooting down enemy panes depends on HOW MUCH Flak you have. One or two 20mm won´t do the job most of the time. If you´re REALLY getting annoyed by Jabos, by more Flak (also grrrreat against those lightly armoured US vehicles...).

------------------

Klotzen, nicht kleckern!

IMHO the 37mm flak guns are the best bang for the buck. They're a lot better against planes than single 20s, and they can sometimes take out shermans with flank shots. The 20mm armed halftracks can also shoot at planes, but they're not really a first rate AA asset. The Lynx can shoot at planes in 1.1, but it won't be able to in 1.12.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

On the other hand, single 20mm flak guns are dirt cheap and just as good against light armor as quad/37mm varieties..

Quality vs quantity again?

I usually try to get at least a single 20mm flak since there are no 12.7mm machine guns in German armoury. The flak guns can really freeze the battlefield within their FOV - Not too many squads want to run into 20mm hail!