Comments re Companion Scenarios?

Hi, I am the author/editor of the CMAK companion. I liked Battlefront's idea to create some scenarios based on excerpts in the book, and I was just curious how people liked these scenarios--any comments?

Thanks,

Tom Reiter

They are ok, but give the strong impression of being done quickly. In general, the force-to-space ratios seem too low.

* 'Blessings' is terrible two player, but quite good against the AI.

* 'Bty Cmdr, Batman, Cook' nicely demonstrates how poorly portees are modeled.

* 'Armoured Perambulators' was kinda fun against the AI.

* 'A Series of Misfortunes' was quite good, but easy to go astray on, which in itself is no bad thing I suppose. I won, but see threads about it.

* 'Then you run again' seems to have a design fault.

* 'Confusion' I can't comment on, because Seanachai won't send turns.

* 'The worth of the PIAT' and 'Plans - Hell!' both have odd maps - very open.

* 'Jerry, Olive trees' (or was it 'Chianti Country'? The Kiwi one) seems to have an unreasonably long approach march, though the final fight - against the AI - was quite good.

* The Crete/AA one I gave up on after a few turns, though that had more to do with a lack of interest than anything particularly wrong with the scen.

As for the others ('Oranges and lemons', and 'Fervent anticipation'), they haven't really made much of a specific impression.

Regards

JonS

I'm sorry to say but they did (I only looked at 3) seem to suffer from hasty disease. May I ask why these were rushed? From my experience smaller scenarios are harder to perfect than unit heavy ones due to the play balance.

The basic idea was very good but the result weren't as good as they could have been.

I would suggest a re-issue after gathering up some more details on the good and bad aspects of each scenario.

Berlichtingen is correct that they were given short deadlines for preparing the scenarios, and I think that they did excellent work given their time constraints. I'll take responsibility for setting the short deadline, as the aim was to release the scenarios at the same time as the book. This is one of the reasons I wanted some feedback on the scenarios.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...