Additional Graphics Files for Macs...

Because of the way Mac graphics are stored as multiple resources in the graphics files instead of a folder full of .bmps like in Windows.. I was wondering if BTS has considered increasing the number of graphics files to use.

If I recall, I remember someone saying that the graphics files can only reach a certain size before having problems. If graphics become higher and higher res at higher bit-depths, then the graphics files will fill up that much faster and Mac users may not be able to add as many high res mods as our Windows bretheren.

If this is not the case... leave it the way it is. If it is an issue, I just wanted BTS to see a note in case it wasn't on their radar screen.

regards and keep up the great work. I can't wait to see a Fernindard pounding T-34s from long range. :D

scott karch

Yes! Please! I had my game looking great. I was satisfied. Or so I thought till Tiger came up with mods that topped ones I thought were perfect. Now I'm only playing DFDR as I've got SO much work to fix the mess CMBO has become

Dane

I've seen other games' files and applications whose PICT resources are absolutely huge...containing every graphic in the game in one single resource fork. And they work fine.

I wonder if the problem with CM is the mod manager you're using to write in the mods..maybe they corrupt the graphics files?

I use the excellent CM MacMod, but sometimes that screws up the graphics file (like with hi-res grasses), but if you then do it manually with ResEdit (give it a big memory partition!) it seems to work fine.

i'm sure i'm using every hi-res mod there is, but none of my graphics files are over 18MB. Thats not that big.

[ 04-14-2001: Message edited by: tecumseh ]

I found a way around this (allthough it is a serious pain in the butt)

DL Resedit, and open up a resourse file that is small in size. (The max size is aprox 16 megs, and it varries on what sign of the zodiac it is tongue.gif ) Anyhoo, create new resource files in the PICT sections with the numbers of the mod your placing in (at the same time, you've got to delete the same numbers in the origional resourse file) After you create all the blank numbers, then you use a paint program to copy and paste in the BMP files. Then save, and voila! Be careful not to delete anything you're not replacing elseware, or CM will crash when it goes to find a resourse that isn't there.