In Response to Pvt. Tom...Thank You so much BTS!!!!!!

Seriously, I don't mean to ass-kiss here! But CMBO is quite possibly, if not THE best game I've ever played. Thats coming from someone who also plays games like Half-Life, Quake III, Everquest, Diablo/Diablo 2, Starcraft/Warcraft, MG solid, etc. I am not a grog by any strech of the imagination.

You have basically invented the game I always wanted to play. What drew me to RTS now draws me to CM. I was unimpressed and uninterested in other wargames that I had tried. They all suffered what I call the "micro-machines on a map" syndrome. To me they were about as engaging as playing with snot.

I wanted a game that let me use real-world tactics and presented it's self in a realistic manner. No icons representing a tank platoon. I wanted to SEE those tanks. I wanted to watch them manuever, support each other. I wanted to see my infantry charge forward as my tanks rumble close behind firing at targets that i can SEE.

And because of CMBO, I have been more inclined to actually try out those war games that I was so turned off by. But to be honest, to me they don't compare to CM-not even close.

And whats even more amazing is that two people did all this! Thats unbelievable! Some development teams have 30 people and they still can't get it right. A historically correct 3D war sim with ultra realistic physics? If it hadn't been done, no one would believe that two people could accomplish it.

Thank you BTS. *sniff* it almost brings a tear to my eye smile.gif!

Guest machineman

Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

And whats even more amazing is that two people did all this! Thats unbelievable! Some development teams have 30 people and they still can't get it right. A historically correct 3D war sim with ultra realistic physics? If it hadn't been done, no one would believe that two people could accomplish it.

I've noticed whenever CM is mentioned now in game magazines and net sites, it is that is 'revolutionary', a 'milestone', 'changing the face of computer wargaming' etc. And this is well after the intial hoopla of when it came out, due I think to the lasting impact it is having.

It must quite the feeling to have your name down in history like that, to produce a 'milestone' product that everything following will be measured against.