New Scenario Guidelines

I would like to design some new scenarios for CMAK, and yet am not sure where to start. If anyone could link me to a previous thread or give me some general guidelines I would greatly appreciate it. You know; what is a good ratio of points for attacker vs defender, any map guidelines, what kind of troops to use, etc. Thanks in advance!

There's some great designers and a message board to post at The Proving Grounds, as well as some tools for you, the VL Planner and the Reference Center with links to sites that can help you with OOB's, maps and other research.

Long on my list of "to-do's" is adding a Scenario Design/Tips section to the site, and that will be there someday - I just can't promise when - but it will allow scenario designers to upload screenshots and tips to the site, all searchable and indexed.

Originally posted by Major Belles:

I would like to design some new scenarios for CMAK, and yet am not sure where to start. If anyone could link me to a previous thread or give me some general guidelines I would greatly appreciate it. You know; what is a good ratio of points for attacker vs defender, any map guidelines, what kind of troops to use, etc. Thanks in advance!

I have a tutorial on how to make maps if you are interested. It will be posted on the Proving Grounds when GJK gets time to put the "Scenario Design/Tips section" together. Until then I will just send it to you if you would like.

Email me at, sroclo@hotmail.com and put CM in the subject box to keep it out of the trash bin.

Panther Commander

Did the zip file work?

Panther Commander

No... Sorry! I don't know what to do. I guess I'll just wait until the section of the site is up. Thanks alot for all your trouble anyway!

The section is going to have it on a zip file. Did your email reject it becaue it was attached to the email? That is the new way to "protect" us from virus' not to allow ANYTHING with an attachment through to your email. If that is the case I believe you can change some settings and get the file through.

Panther Commander

FYI: The Scenario Design Tips section of the Proving Grounds is nearly completed, I plan to launch it over the weekend.

It will basically be a threaded forum devoted to design tips that is searchable and indexed by author. Replies and follow-ups are allowed, with the initial tip being "stickied" to the top of the page.

Any other additional features/requests that you all can think of for this section?