Post the most stupid thing you ever seen in CM !!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

It's a shame it didn't work for you though!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't expect miracles from the TacAI, but this situation was enough to cause this old grog to whisper a few expletives under my breath. The Hellcat was firing uphill and could have easily hit the exposed lower hull of the Panther only 18m away. The angle must have been close to 0 degrees. Even AP can penetrate in such a situation. Not using tungsten was like pouring salt into an open wound.

Oh well, CM does enough things right that I can accept this sort of thing from time to time. rolleyes.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

Watching my only armor (an M36 Jackson) depress its gun to fire at some infantry in the valley below, only to fire and have the shell hit right in front of itself, therefore having the blast knock itself out. Needless to say, when the Kraut armor made an appearance, I was hosed.

As the Brits defending at Arnhem against the AI (+1, +50%) on the first night turn . . .

. . . with paras in both buildings on either side of the north end of the bridge and already a stack of burning halftracks, an assault gun finally comes across . . .

. . . my four PIAT teams miss six shots. Then, of course, it gets worse: as the a.g. has *just* passed between the two buildings, I see one of the paras throw a gammon at it . . .

. . . it arcs up . . . and over ! . . the assault gun . . . and into the building and paras on the other side! BANG! FIRE! COR BLIMEY!!!

------------------

"The Secret of the Empire was revealed: an emperor, it seemed, could be made outside of Rome"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Can't see him or acquire him to give an order but by scrolling using the

+ - keys can locate him. Location reads " In Bridge".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had one of my tank crews taken prisoner - he disappeared (not even a generic marker!) near the end of the turn. Next turn he reappears marching toward the opposing map edge, identified as "infantry?". Now that's odd.....