SP:WAW v5 is almost out

Hey guys good news. The boys over at Matrix games have been hard at work adding lots of new improvements to Steel Panthers:World at War. They've got a list of over 100 new tweaks and fixes. Plus they are adding this new thing called the Mega Campaign which pretty much makes SP the game we always wanted. Branching campaigns. For 20 bucks you can get the new Rommel desert campaign which has like over a hundred diffrent scenarios depending on how you do from battle to battle. Plus you get the full version of SP:WAWv5.

I already showed my support for them and preordered.

*Yawn*

Hi mom!

Dude, why play in two dimensions when you have three?

Oh wait a minute! You gotta pay for this one? Please. With CM2 around the corner, who wants to waste $20 on SP when they can use it on CM2 a little bit later on?

[ 04-12-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

Well for one you get to turn your small army of recruits into a lean mean group of elite soldiers. One thing CM sadly neglects. And SP deals in a slightly larger scale then CM. This new Mega Campaign is gonna come with paper maps, I guess, so you can monitor your progress across the desert and measure yourself against the Brits or Germans.

And what respectable wargamer can't afford a 20 dollar game, and then buy a 45 dollar game 8 months later? Its not that much.

[ 04-13-2001: Message edited by: Mr. Johnson-<THC>- ]

The Campaign in the Desert would be the only reason I would dust off my SPWAW cd or put out the $ 20. However if we were waiting for CM Western Desert instead of whatever, then I would dump SP and buy some sand goggles instead. :cool:

On the other hand ---

Have you heard how they are coming with SP Modern Warfare?

Yeah well considering that CM3(?) is way out of sight, this will be the best North Africa treatment we will see for awhile.

I guess I would like SP-Modern. It was kind of cool creating a custom campaign USSR vs. China. But SP3 was so buggy if my army went up against the Chinese in a large city in a assault scenario, I would get slaughtered with ATGMs and 125mm cannon. Hmmm, maybe that was not a bug, and was supposed to scare me off from modern warfare.