Does anyone remember a demo 2 years ago like this game?

This is not a troll, and the game/demo I remember wasn't as good as CM, but there was a first person (kinda) game just like this. I remember the one mission in the demo caused you to cross a bridge while air support was hitting a target. You ran through a town and across the bridge, all in a half ass 1st person veiw, but it wasn't like Quake of Doom, it was very WWII detailed. Had a real long ass name too, something that just seemd strange at the time. If you can remember the name of this demo, let me know. I wish I could remember more, I'd look for it.

Guest KwazyDog

Actually I do Hedu, though I cant for the life of me remember what it was called now. I even downloaded it and gave it a go at the time. Id guess it was more like 3 years ago, and you could hop in tanks or take over infantry.

Maybe the name Pazer was in the title I think, but that dosnt narrow it down very far smile.gif

Dan

Hedu said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>This is not a troll, and the game/demo I remember wasn't as good as CM, but there was a first person (kinda) game just like this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean "Muzzle Velocity" ? That was in that time frame, was WW2 on the same scale as CM, but had the 1st person viewpoint. You as overall CO first created the plan on the map, then had to carry it out and help in the difficult parts by assuming 1st person control of your various units, either in a vehicle or as an individual grunt.

That was a game where I just had to say "if only...." as I deleted it from my HD. Cool concept, poor execution. The whole thing was based on an early 2D-cum-3D shooter engine like Doom's or Duke Nukem's. So your vehicles' armor worked like armor in a shooter, gradually being whittled away by repeated hits. Plus it had that type of engine's inherent limitations, like the inability to handle big outdoors environments such as your average WW2 battlefield. To get around this, in MV you could see terrain forever but units only appeared at like 200m range tops, even across open fields......

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

I have an old copy of Muzzle Velocity. Buggered if I could make sense out of the thing. The mission seemed to be over before I had any idea what was going on.

Of course it could just be me... smile.gif

I'm in the midst of a big clean-up, and it's on the "should I chuck this out?" list.

HEDU/JG26 - if you have problems finding a copy email me. I'll send you mine. I'm sure we could come to some arrangement to cover the cost of postage from Australia. Presuming you have some half decent black market contacts. wink.gif