Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Did You Know?

The enemy AI will target your experienced troops and vehicles before the rest even if the chance to hit the vet units is appreciably less. Even if none of your units has seen the enemy (no targetting to draw attention)and there is no positive ID ("Infantry ?") by the enemy your Vets will fall first, unless you have Crack or Elite, then they will be the first to come under fire. The AI doesn't know exactly what type of unit it's seeing but it can tell a Vet from a Regular instantly at long range when deciding what to fire at. This applies to all types of units. Occasionally a Vet will be targetted before a Crack or Elite, but you can bet the Cracker will be next.

Treeburst155 out.

I'm not talking about manual targetting. I'm talking about mid turn AI targetting. The AI will target vets before regulars even if the vets are only identified as "infantry?" and are less likely to be hit than Regulars that are also visible.

Edit: Here's an example. If you have a Regular M4 Sherman and a Veteran M4 Sherman as possible targets for an 88, and neither Sherman has seen the 88, and the chance to hit the Vet is 12% less than the chance to hit the Regular, and the tanks are NOT positively IDed by the gun ("?") then the gun will still ALWAYS fire on the Vet first. The gun crew is not sure what kind of vehicle it is up against but DEFINITELY knows a vet from a regular all the time.

Treeburst155 out.

Edit 2: I'm partially wrong above. My armor test showed the 88s as having positively identified the tanks as M4s complete with experience levels. The infantry test still stands. The AI will fire on a vet even when the unit is not identified as such and even if there are other troops significantly closer.

[This message has been edited by Treeburst155 (edited 03-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Treeburst155 (edited 03-12-2001).]