BTS, Russian artillery info resources

BTS,

It occurs to me that help for your Russian artillery delay modeling effort may be fairly close by. I speak of Chris Bellamy's THE RED GOD OF WAR, which I've glanced through but do not own. I can tell you, though, that there is

an extensive section devoted to the history and development of Russian artillery prior to and during the GPW as a prelude to modern developments. Some idea of the grittiness of the book may be gained from the inclusion of a photo of a Finnish forest, the treetops still shattered some forty years after a Russian barrage in 1945.

Also, if you have someone there who can read Russian, I have available for loan Russian manuals for an artillery officer (includes WWII stuff), Russian/English military and technical dictionaries, a history of Russian artillery, and the English edition of the rare ANTITANK WARFARE, by Biryukov and Melnikov. Both held Ph.D. equivalents in Military Science; the former was a major general, the latter a colonel. rexford's seen the material and can comment on its perceived utility.

Regards,

John Kettler