HALL of FAME MODs - in the Desert

I got motivated by Aussie's Pale Packs. However, I'm just too attached to Marco's & Gordon's, Fernando's, Tiger's, Magua's and all the other top guns. I wanted those same mods but in N. Africa. I could not resist tweaking the color/hue and the result is what you see. I think it's too dark and doesn't have the nice sandy look of Aussie's. But until all those HOF modders start doing more DFDR mods, this will be my fleet of placeholders for now.

The Hetzer (Kwazydog's) and Kubelwagon (Peterson's) are originals.

Allied_DFDR_Closeup.JPG

Axis_DFDR_Closeup.JPG

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: bfamily33 ]

Maximus:

Nice to hear you've got some more uniforms coming out. I'm still using most of your stuff in the regular CMBO environment.

Fyi, did you ever make available that desert Sherman you displayed in a post a few weeks ago? I'd like to get a copy.

Gyrene:

Yes, that's a King and JagdTiger. Totally unhistorical! I know, but I wanted to change everything so I could play any scenario in either environment at my leisure. So yes, I may decide to take Pegasus Bridge in N. Africa insted of Normanay. Who cares, I'm having my fun!

Fyi, I changed the images so you could see some of the mods close-up.

[ 07-15-2001: Message edited by: bfamily33 ]

FieldMashall, if you check out Audace's Italian army mod you will find that the H39 and even the Stug were successfully converted to look like the M13/40 and Stemvonte. He even created Italian speech files.

MikeT

Fieldmarshall,

Go to the site and read up on the mod. All your points (missing armor, historical accuracy, etc.) have been covered to death.

We can only do what we can do. We can't invent new armor for the CM engine. We can't make weapon loadouts beginning in June of '44 accurately model the equipment of '41 to '43. so on... so on...

Please forgive the semblance of a terse response. This Manx CM's thing has my feathers ruffled.

Hey!!

Another DFDR modslut arrives on the scene!! Yayhey :D

The more the merrier I say ...... good effort bfamily33 ........ BTW, I can guarantee you that over time you will learn how to enhance and refine these units even further for yours and others enjoyment.

KUTGW

AussieJeff ;)