Hellcat Winter Mod!!!

Hello all...I know what you are thinking....who the hell is this...true but if anyone is interested I made a mod for the first time after waiting day after day to finally see a winterized M-18. I know it is nowhere near the high quality mods like Marco and Tiger but I feel it is ok for a first try. Only help I need is what are the BMP file numbers for this to pop up only for winter scenarios? I have a few BMP filelists but they barely scratch the surface of what goes where. If this looks good enough for some folks I will carry on with the other neglected tanks and vehicles that have yet to be touched.....any suggestions?

fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=CMBOPhotos&ID_Topic=1&ID_Message=1

------------------

"D-Day was a nightmare. Even now it brings pain to recall what happened there on June 6, 1944. I have returned many times to honor the valiant men who died on that beach. They should never be forgotten. Nor should those who lived to carry the day by the slimmest of margins. Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

General Omar Bradley-

[This message has been edited by Sgt Schulz (edited 02-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sgt Schulz (edited 02-23-2001).]

I have the Bitmaps if anyone would like I would be more than happy to e-mail the files out to any interested parties hope someone enjoys.

Kevin

------------------

"D-Day was a nightmare. Even now it brings pain to recall what happened there on June 6, 1944. I have returned many times to honor the valiant men who died on that beach. They should never be forgotten. Nor should those who lived to carry the day by the slimmest of margins. Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

General Omar Bradley-

The .bmp numbers for a winter mod are the same as the original except put a one (1) in front of the .bmp number. Example: US helmet is 5000.bmp, winter US helmet is 15000.bmp.

CM is specially coded to only show winter versions when there is snow on the ground. The game basically looks for any units files that start with a 1 and displays those when there is snow present.

Hope that helps.

Will you send it to The Last Defense? It'll be the first allied mod in the archive. I'd love to have it on my website.

beigelemon@yahoo.com

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Sorry folks I will post the pictures on yahoo instead.....standby will repost...

Kevin

fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=CMBOPhotos&ID_Topic=1&ID_Message=1

Sorry if nobody was able to see any of the other pics

I can see it. It looks very nice actually, just not really historical. Its a very good Mod, and I'm sure people would love to have it, atleast until one of the "big" Mod makers get around to it.

However, never feel overshadowed by the works of others. ALL Mods are appreciated. The members of the community genuenly appreciate the use f your time to provide the community with another option for bettering a great game.

------------------

busboy

CO, 99th Dragons

A Warbirds Squadron

'We will heat you up'

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we would grow too fond of it."

-Robert E. Lee

Originally posted by busboy:

I can see it. It looks very nice actually, just not really historical. Its a very good Mod, and I'm sure people would love to have it, atleast until one of the "big" Mod makers get around to it.

However, never feel overshadowed by the works of others. ALL Mods are appreciated. The members of the community genuenly appreciate the use f your time to provide the community with another option for bettering a great game.

I completely agree it is not completely historical. But I figure it is better than nothing....which is what there is now for many AFV's and vehicles. I got a bit tired of waiting for someone else to waste their precious time and said try it yourself. Again I agree give em a few months and this'll be wiped away by the "BIG" boys....and more power to em...I'm sure I'll DL thiers and install right over this one hahahaha wink.gif

Kevin

Sgt Schulz,

Great work on your first mod ever, it really does look nice. I don't think it follows historical winter camo schemes but it sure does look cool. I've posted it on the site (for those of you who havn't checked out the FO) and is available for download. Nice job Sgt, if you want to send me anything else feel free to do so, my site is open to anybody (especially first time mod makers smile.gif).

-MoJo

------------------

"For every soldier that died at Dieppe, ten were saved on D-Day"

--Lord Louis Mountbatten

Visit my website at http://www.angelfire.com/ns/mocm/index.html !

Busboy

However, never feel overshadowed by the works of others. ALL Mods are appreciated.

Very true Busboy and very well done Schulz. Keep at it.

------------------

War Is Heck !!!

[This message has been edited by CJMello (edited 02-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by CJMello (edited 02-24-2001).]

I am hours away from rereleasing the Hellcat after some serious revamping...Thanks Marco. So I will probably begin on the priest tonight or Tommorrow....what I would like to know is what would you guys prefer a Camo priest or one with snow build up sort?

I'll get a pic up for comparison soon.....

Kevin