CM Burnout

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>those RTS are non-stop click-fest don't you know<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that wasn't tongue-in-cheek, someone needs more time playing games in that genre smile.gif Many are rather sophisticated, in their way, and many allow you to issue orders while the game is paused, creating an effect similar to CM's turn system. Obviously, some do require more clicking than thinking, sadly, but hardly all.

Operation Flashpoint for those unfamiliar with it. Looks incredible, based on the demo--a whole lot of promise in this one.

The fact that Operation Flashpoint has been mentioned so often in this thread is interesting. I downloaded the demo, and my poor 350 Mhz AMD can barely handle it. It does look like a good game, but the era leaves me a little cold. If they had set it in WWII, that would get my attention.

I like first person shooters a lot, but CM is still the main drain on my time. There is something about the scale of the game that just fits what I want in a simulation.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stacheldraht:

If that wasn't tongue-in-cheek, someone needs more time playing games in that genre smile.gif Many are rather sophisticated, in their way, and many allow you to issue orders while the game is paused, creating an effect similar to CM's turn system. Obviously, some do require more clicking than thinking, sadly, but hardly all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually after playing my third or fourth RTS, I just got plain sick of them. Micromanagement sucks and playing a game I bought under pressure is no fun for me. :( Oh well, to each their own. The only one that I've played and enjoyed is Myth, though truthfully Mechcommander 2(the upcoming 3D game)has piqued my interest... I have a feeling I'll be sadly disappointed though. More interesting is the fact that you play CM, considering you took the time out to defend a style of game you like. I have found in my experience, many RTS players don't bother or even like CM much.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

I downloaded the demo, and my poor 350 Mhz AMD can barely handle it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, the min specs say 400MHz. I know someone with a 400MHz K6-2 and even with a 32MB TNT2 it wouldn't run.