JagdPanther, JagdTiger and Jpz IV download...

Guest KwazyDog

Guest KwazyDog

Hiya Guys,

Ive had many requests asking for these mods as of late, so Ive decided to stick them up somewhere where people can easily download them to save me emailing each one sperately.

Ive also included a new mod Ive been working on for some time, a Jpz IV based on partially a model origonally by Jean Verlhac. I still am working on it and I do not consider it finished, though doubt I will have the time to do so in the near future so I figured I may as well let you guys have it as it. I was playing around with damaging the side skirts on this one, which comes out reasonably well in game.

JP.jpg

Download :

http://www.geocities.com/kwazydog/JagdPanther.zip

JT.jpg

Download :

http://www.geocities.com/kwazydog/JagdTiger.zip

JPZIV.jpg

Download :

http://www.geocities.com/kwazydog/JpzIV.zip

Hope they of interest to some smile.gif

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 03-07-2001).]

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, sorry guys, try them now.

Glad you like them, let me know what you think of the skirts on the Jpz IV. I dont mind the beaten up look myself smile.gif

Dan

Oh goody, now I have a brand new beutifull Jagdtiger.

I think I will unleash this beast on some unsuspecting person, and while they are marvelling at it's beuty they will surely get shot.

------------------

"I love it, God help me I do love it so"

My wife, a recovering Catholic, saw me set the church in Chance Encounter ablaze with tank fire and was mildly scandalized. I explained that I would have gladly left holy ground untouched, but that the germans had a machine gun in the damn place. - Terence

Amazing attention to detail Kwazy. The JgPz IV really makes it hard to choose which one to keep (your JgPz V and IV already being clear winners)!

Now, if only we could get the 80mm frontal armour on the late JgPz IV (L48), then we would have... perfection smile.gif

M.

[This message has been edited by Mattias (edited 03-08-2001).]

The Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger must have been posted somewhere else before. I've been using both of these mods for months now.

They are the best I've yet to find.

------------------

What a bunch of horsecrap. -Steve

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 03-08-2001).]

Originally posted by Vanir:

The Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger must have been posted somewhere else before. I've been using both of these mods for months now.

They are the best I've yet to find.

If I recall, they are contained within Madmatt's Mod Pack (MDMP-2?). Should be available on the new CMHQ site. That whole add-on pack is a classic. If your new to CM go check those oldies out. There are alot of keepers on that site. In the good olde days it was the only site when looking for a mod.

Kwazydog, JagdPanther and JagdTiger are my goto mods for those beasts. The are like a fine wine and continue to age gracefully. Now I have JagdPanzer to match. Thanks!

Guest Martin Cracauer

I noticed the Jagdpanther compared to that in mdmp is just with less beefy color, less contrast. Is that intentionally?

Martin

Guest KwazyDog

Heya Guys smile.gif

Glad you all like them!

Mattias, I actually run that past Charles after I noticed a post about it. Are you sure about the 80mm of armour? If so, which reference are you using for your data?

Bfamily has it right, the first two are part of the MDMP's. Ive had a lot of requests for them seperately for people with slower modems though, so I decided to stick them here. Hehe, and yes Martin, the JagdPanther has been toned down a little to make it look a little less straight out of the factory. I plan to do the same to the JagdTiger, but havnt yet had time.

Maybe in the future... smile.gif

Dan

Guest Martin Cracauer

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

...and yes Martin, the JagdPanther has been toned down a little to make it look a little less straight out of the factory.

Well, I like the original version better. I think that dirt over the original colors might be better to reach your goal than to wash out the existing colors. Now it doesn't look like straight out of the factory, but straight out of the car wash for the 300th time :)

I forgot to mention that your JagdPz. IV skin is my favorite for this vehicle by a wide margin. Thanks!

Martin

Kwazy!

It has been a pet pewee of mine since the game came out, have posted about ten times about it smile.gif

Yes, beginning with chassis nr. 320301 in May 1944 the production PzJg IV's were fitted with 80mm armour (previously 60mm) on the front upper hull and superstructure.

At the same time the side superstructure armour was increased to 40mm (previously 30mm).

The up armoured version was then adopted unchanged, as far as armour goes, for the PzJg IV/70 (v)

Considering the fact that about 300 were produced with the 60mm armour and about 500 with 80mm armour it was no rare bird either, quite on the contrary.

Two well known sources are:

Spielberger/Doyle/Jentz. "Leichte Jagdpanzer", Band 14 in the series Militärfahrzeuge form Motor Buch Verlag, Germany.

Chamberlain/Doyle, "Encyclopedia of German tanks of world war two"

Page 123 in the former and page 102 in the latter.

I guess it was just missed in the research.

M.