Volkssturm uniforms released!

...on their way to Manx and Tom. I tweaked the uniforms a little, deleting the chest eagle, and adding the rank insignia of Volssturmmann to the collar. I also gave them a WWI iron cross w/1939 clasp, to boost morale a bit. smile.gif

The cap stays black, since it shares a texture with that worn by the panzer crew. Pants a dark grey to give the outfit a stop-gap kind of appearance.

gramps1.jpg

gramps2.jpg

Nice work. Going to remember to d/l this one too.

Too bad it's too awkward/impossible to mod the panzer crews without screwey results. Seperate textures for Heer and Waff.SS ones would have been great (black for Heer, camo coveralls for Waff.SS).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warmaker:

Too bad it's too awkward/impossible to mod the panzer crews without screwey results. Seperate textures for Heer and Waff.SS ones would have been great (black for Heer, camo coveralls for Waff.SS).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I tried and it looked pretty weird, as the Panzer crew leg and torso side share a texture. I'm working on an all-black mod though.

Gentlemen ,

the new Volkssturm uniform mod is now included in the complete " Super Action Pack Vol.1 - German Uniforms ". Those who have allready downloaded the set will be glad to hear that they can get the new uniforms in a separate file ( together with the missing side jacket bmp for the Feldgrau uniforms ).

The new stuff can be found on my " Uniforms & Faces " mod pages.

GREAT JOB ANDREW ! :cool:

Cheers

Tom

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Tom ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeT:

Andrew, do you know which faces are used by the Volkstrum?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean the CM bmp file numbers? I think the VS uses all the regular faces with two geezerized ones thrown in.