Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

how to simulate a bridge demolition

i don't know if anyone else has done this but here's what i did last night:

How to simulate a bridge demolition:

On your scenario map put a grass tile where you plan to put a WOODEN bridge tile. Dump 12 or 13 enemy anti-personnel mines. It is important they be the enemy's and not anti-tank mines. Add a disposable squad or half squad to your scenario (at least 6 people) and name it something like "messengers". After going to Preview your map, put ALL the mines on that one grass tile where your bridge will be. Go to map editor again and put the wooden bridge tile in. Make sure you have engineers with plenty of demo charges, at least 6 charges in total.

Now in the game run your messenger over the bridge. That should set off a bunch of mines and reveal the position of the minefields (the squad should be dead by now because the mines are so densely packed). Rush yur engineers there and they will start tossing demo packs after a minute or so. After 6 or 7 they will collapse the wooden bridge. Game over man, game over.

The bridge will still be crossable by vehicles, but of course with so many mines it will not be crossable by foot.

tell me what u think!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

If the bridge has collapsed, how do vehicles cross it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cm.exe hack... ;)

what i meant was it will be crossable by vehicles BEFORE it collapses...afterwards, the other guys are up a s*** creek and even with a paddle it sucks...