Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Churchill VII

Manx, like your Armour Tactics Series a lot. Got my first Churchill VII in a QuickGame PBEM.

Are you telling me I can pretty much just wade

into infantry, Panzer IV, and halftracks without too much worry? How about 'schrecks?

Man, the armor is thick on this sucker!

Shoeman

Originally posted by mrcobbler:

Manx, like your Armour Tactics Series a lot. Got my first Churchill VII in a QuickGame PBEM.

Are you telling me I can pretty much just wade

into infantry, Panzer IV, and halftracks without too much worry? How about 'schrecks?

Man, the armor is thick on this sucker!

Shoeman

Hehe I wouldn't say you can wade through incoming fire, but the extra armor does tend to make up for some mistakes. Remember though, even though it is thick, it is horribly angled, so the actual level of protection isn't quite as good as it looks. Take care of it, don't run it out in the middle of nowhere alone, and it'll do good work. (Not that this slow bastard can really run anywhere. smile.gif)

------------------

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Played a quick battle the other day using a Churchill VII and a Churchill AVRE (now there's a infantry support weapon to use in a town, took most buildings down with three shots!).

My Churchill VII took out a Panther and three Hetzers. Both of the Churchills did finally get toasted, but that was from SS suicide infantry attacks with Panzerfausts!