The monster Maus...not a complaint just need some elaboration

Yesterday I bought a 1/35 scale DML Maus, (Dont know why I havent finished my StuG IV yet but who cares) probably bought it on an impulse..but I also bought a pamphlet to boot, and it said that two Maus tanks were rumored to be seen fighting at Berlin in 1945. I just want to know if anyone has any hard evidence to back this up...(if it does turn out to be true I hope BTS will consider putting in a Maus..but I dont really care)And if they did, how would they calculate the two barrels, the main gun and the 75mm.(on the same turret next to each other.)

-Fieldmarshall

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]

That's been a longstanding rumor. As you may know, it is/was very difficult to get factual info from them after WW2, so it is hard to prove. It is known they captured one of the prototypes (since it is on display at one of their military museums). Whether they captured it in battle or not remains a mystery.

The Maus I was completed and fully tested. The Maus II however, was completed except for the turret and had not been tested. Both of them were located in Kummersdorf, they were supposedly blown up to prevent Russian capture. However, one of them did in fact survive and is on displayin a military museum just outside of Moscow. Not sure about the fighing aspect. Hope this helps some.

The one that was finished broke down after driving several Kilometers, due to it's crank shaft snapping. The scond was never finished and saw no combat. That one is in the Russian museum.

[ 07-22-2001: Message edited by: Clinton ]