Visual representation

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>at first i wanted that but then i saw that it would just eat up so many resorces it just isnt fesable<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like hi-res mods? Try splitting a squad...presto where you had 3 soldiers representing a squad now you have 2 groups with 2 soldiers each. Four soldier now represent a squad. I didnt notice any slow down.

I wouldnt mind seeing squads represented by 6 soldiers each. MG sections 2...bazooka team 1 etc etc. Kind of a 2 for 1 ratio.

Guys, this has been literally discussed to death, and then some... I think BTS is well aware of your (our) hopes in this.

But until such time as computer hardware can handle a 12 man squad -graphically represented in 3D, with individual movements that wouldn't make it look as if a platoon is on parade- in a game with a scope that CM has we'll just have to do with what we get.

Well, some might now say : "but, but, except for the 3D bit CC has been doing this for yeaaaars!" And I would say: "Sure, but in CC you got to see no more than 7 or 8 squads of infantry on average, instead of the sometimes 7 or 8 companies in CM." See the difference?

Imagine it. A battalion of infantry in CM, each man individually represented. I can't... yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>JuJu:

Guys, this has been literally discussed to death, and then some... I think BTS is well aware of your (our) hopes in this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what if it's been discussed to death before ;) Does that mean we can't talk about it some more. Perhaps we need to leave more room on this board for the PENG thread or some such thing. I didn't participate in the past discussions...so why can't I talk about it now? If you don't wish to participate in this present incarnation of an old discussion than don't. A year from now if it resurfaces...well…perhaps I won't participate in it than. Have you been elected CM forum playground monitor now? ;) It's a good topic, otherwise it wouldn't keep resurfacing. My two cents.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matthew_Ridgeway:

So what if it's been discussed to death before ;) Does that mean we can't talk about it some more. Perhaps we need to leave more room on this board for the PENG thread or some such thing. I didn't participate in the past discussions...so why can't I talk about it now? If you don't wish to participate in this present incarnation of an old discussion than don't. A year from now if it resurfaces...well…perhaps I won't participate in it than. Have you been elected CM forum playground monitor now? ;) It's a good topic, otherwise it wouldn't keep resurfacing. My two cents.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO it just mean do a search and dig up and find the answers there...most of the time they have been asked before and answered so...I think that is his point. ;)

Matthew_Ridgeway

Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us.

In regards to the above responses, all we would appreciate is you doing a little research on what has come before and if you have a nugget that would be in addition to the past record, please bring it up. Although we have talked it out amongst ourselves (and some of us have the scars), if you have something new to add we would be happy to discuss. After all we are in the umpteenth go around on the machine gun controversy :D

Anyway, doing a little research allows you to learn a bit about some of us, what has transpired, and where we are expecting to go.

Anyway welcome and enjoy yourself. And no not all of our dogs bite! ;)

[ 04-09-2001: Message edited by: kmead ]