fired 10 times!!! Ten Times!!!

In the scenario chance encounter (yes I am still playing the demo after four months, partly due to the fact that I am scared I will loose like a little girl playing the full version of CM) I set my stug IIIG's in a wonderful, practically stunning position. I placed the enemy Shermans in a heavy 81mm barrage and when they came into view I sprang my trap. My three tanks fired ten, count them, ten shots but hit nothing. If there had been some gofers in the ground next to the unharmed shermans I am sure they would be dead. However, I wanted to kill the darn tanks. Why set an ambush if your tanks cant kill the enemy with the first or second shot. My God I could have won the war with ten tank shots. What is going on here. Why can't my sexy german taks hit crap? Thanks for the help.

------------------

General Goerge

I want to make something very clear

You will lose like a little girl

(I still do, had the game since june)

but love doing it

Buy the Game !!!

------------------

"The Trouble with Normal is it only gets Worse"

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Patton,

One other thing you might be relieved to hear, is that the most recent patch to the full version of CM has latered the way 2nd, 3rd, 4th shots, etc.

There used to be (If I Recall Correctly) only one targeting bonus given after the first shot. It is now more and more likely that your 2nd, 3rd , or 4th shot will hit.

But dont be fooled, my friend. There will be some crazy things that happen to you in your coming battles. You will hoot. You will holler.

Good luck, and enjoy.. smile.gif

you will scream, pound the desk, yell, "Over there you idiots" and the ever so popular NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

1st off. 10 shots total for the 3 tanks, or 10 each? (I'm assuming total)

This is definatly not impossible. it would be rare, but not unheard of.

How many times have you played this scenario, vs. how many times have you seen this result.

Way back when, I ran some tests checking out the accuracy of the "% to hit" numbers that are displayed when you target an enemy unit. During those tests, which were run under "ideal" conditions for the firing unit, there were times that the firing unit would miss 3 times. It was a low chance that they would miss 3 times but it did happen. I don't have the raw data from the tests any more, but I wouldn't be suprised if it happened that 3 tanks in a row all missed with 3 shots.

Me thinks you had very bad luck.

[This message has been edited by Mikeydz (edited 03-06-2001).]

Originally posted by Patton21:

If there had been some gofers in the ground next to the unharmed shermans I am sure they would be dead...

...My God I could have won the war with ten tank shots. What is going on here. Why can't my sexy german taks hit crap? Thanks for the help.

As a representative of the state of Minnesota, I ask that you either spell the word 'gophers', or correctly identify them as 13 stripe ground squirrels.

Secondly, I ask that you refrain from claiming you could win the war with 10 shots from 3 tanks, and howling over the misses. You have neither seen enough reality, nor suffered enough bad luck to be whinging over this minor set-back.

Thirdly, German tanks are not sexy, unless you are suffering from some serious sexual dysfunctions. They are well designed and effective, but they should not inspire nocturnal fantasies. Try to get out more and meet people.

Finally, you will see far more horrifying situations than this in a game that does a very fine job of modeling the nightmare that is the Real World™.

PS-Do not presume to tell Bauhaus to sit down. You have a long ways to go.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues