Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

My newbie questions...now for something more advanced

Thanks for the answers. While pondering on the throne I read the part about how vehicle movement is accomplished..just by experience...

Now another question, playing Team DeSobry:

I am at Scenario 2, and I have been kicked just out of the town,,,(They got too far on my right flank,,,I didn't press the left..).

Does the AI of the game want to follow the road to Bastogne, or is it going to make a drive across the whole front of the map. (My direct question is will the AI pick a map section to go after in this, [when there is no exit point], or will it say, "all things are equal, I will go across the whole front!")

Obviously I must hold the road to Bastogne!!!!

Thanks for answering my questions, when I start kicking the computer more regularly, I will be up for email.

As for CM2, is there something to read somewhere????drool drool....

[CoFR]Archangel

In an operation where the goal is advancing as opposed to destruction of the enemy, the defender needs to guard the entire width of the map. A couple of units that penetrate beyond your front far out on the flank can force the front lines WAY, WAY back.

Also, in Team DeSobry the "no-man's land" used to determine setup zones is set to something like 500m, which will result in the defender being pushed back even if you aren't budged from your intial positions during the battle. I think there is a modified Team DeSobry with a smaller no-man's land, or you could modify it yourself in the editor. I think prevailing opinion is that this makes for a better scenario.

In general, in a game with victory flags to capture the AI will go after the flags. If there are no flags the AI doesn't really know what to do. If there is an exit zone the AI will move towards it and engage your units as they meet.