Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

This looks weird. Bug?

I've never seen this happen before. The units command line dead ends at nothing. The HQ is most likely dead, you can see the littering of bodies.

CommandLine.jpg

curih

[This message has been edited by curih (edited 01-21-2001).]

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Edited so you won't have to load the same picture twice. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Der Unbekannte Jäger (edited 01-21-2001).]

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Nice view of the carnage though... ouch looks to have been quite fight! And I have never seen a command line goto a nonexistant unit before very odd!

------------------

"...come from the sea with nitroglycerine, nitroglycerine and a ladder of rope, and a thing called hope..."

I don't know the answer to your question, but that is some serious carnage! Obviously some atry fell, but I'm curious, what is the story behind the picture?

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Subvet:

I don't know the answer to your question, but that is some serious carnage! Obviously some atry fell, but I'm curious, what is the story behind the picture?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is obviously one of Bullethead's scenarios smile.gif

He likes carnages... And arty carnages the most. wink.gif

Ariel

That is BulletHead's Kohima map. It's a reinforced Brit Battalion defending against 3 Germans battalions (stand ins for the Japanese). That hill is the main objective. I put my main line just over the lip of the ridge at the top so I could concentrate fire as the Gerpanese topped the ridge. It worked well for a while, but I was slowly attrited (a process that was greatly accelerated after i ran out of ammo). I dumped as much arty (25pdr) as I could there and the AI put some 75mm in there too. My last few men have just evacuated. Depending on the outcome of another equally vicious battle that's just about to start, I may return.

curih

Being captured makes sense. The line is black because he isn't in command of his men anymore. Was that the general direction of the enemy's rear areas? Did you end up with any prisoners in the AAR? I think I'll test this one out.

•••••

Ok, I just ran a simple test, in which I rushed a conscript German platoon HQ with an American rifle squad. I was playing a hotseat game against myself. The HQ surrendered, but his squads still had black lines pointing to his foxhole. When I ordered the prisoner to move, the lines followed his location. Email me if you want the map I used to test this out with.

I say: Bug.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 01-22-2001).]