Ladders?

A question about the ladders -

Which one's are "active" i.e. have people who participate?

At least CMHQ seems to have truckload of people who don't have played even one game..

No, I don't really care so much about ranks, it'd be just nice to be able to pick someone who doesn't study russian military tactics with their Sunday brunch wink.gif

Originally posted by Barleyman:

A question about the ladders -

Which one's are "active" i.e. have people who participate?

At least CMHQ seems to have truckload of people who don't have played even one game..

No, I don't really care so much about ranks, it'd be just nice to be able to pick someone who doesn't study russian military tactics with their Sunday brunch wink.gif

I use to swear by two of them: T-House and Grognards. Grognards had fewer gamers but a more select list (tougher also). T-House had more people, was easier to break into, and was better supported.'

The question now of course is what happened to Grognards.

I wouldn't put too much weight on how many games the ladder shows a person as having played, I think a lot of people don't report a fair number of the games they play, I probably only report 1/3 of my games, plus the games I have played are spread out over 3 ladders. Just a thought.

I have to agree with SS_PanzerLeader on this one wink.gif

http://tournamenthouse.com/CM/ is updated automatically after every game report is made. Depending on the win type, your opponents rank and your rank will decide the outcome in the points department.

TH uses the chess rating system.

Well I could go on but..See for yourself.

Join them all!

Yo

TournamentHouse.com

Come for the carnage,

Stay for the stats!

http://www.tournamenthouse.com/

One of the problems with multiple lists is that you work to build up a score on one (just for fun) and get into the higher ranks, then if you want to transfer you are a cadet again, while Chess and fencing have cross over rules for the recognized systems. I use to belong to multiple, but only reported games to other than Grogs if the person requested (win or loose of course).