AAR of the Year - Fionn vs. Claymore

Does anyone have any information on this one? It seems it just up and died like the brontosaurus.

Are they still playing?

Are they still writing?

Did Fionn lose and this is a MadMatt coverup to shield public scrutiny?

Did I dream the whole thing up?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuler? Beuler? Beuler?

Actually Claymore posted a blurb a couple of weeks ago that they were on turn 29, but that he was having trouble getting turns back from Fionn, or something to that effect. He also claimed he was wiping the floor with Fionn, but who knows. He didn't say why there have been no updates on CMHQ for 5 years running.

------------------

What a bunch of horsecrap. -Steve

Ah, ok I found it.

Anyway...I know that the AAR is lagging but Fionn and I have had our turn rate slow to a dribble. ISP problems and work getting in the way of fun mostly, but we are trying to speed it up. I posted to Fionn two days ago that if he had time stream posts to Yahoogroups he had time to post to me.

[right Fionn? waiting.... wink.gif ]

Long and short of it...we are at turn 26. I voluntarily withdrew my two 155VT spotters in round 10 after expending 6 rounds total. They were just too devastating to make this or mostly any game interesting. Fionn then promptly put a mortar shell on top of a 105 spotter, leaving me just a single spotter for any arty support OUCH! Fionn also put the touch on a M4(105)which is smoking nicely THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I of course could not let the Beast better me so I retaliated by immobilizing his PzIV(70) with a 60mm mortar shell...and yes, I did go out and buy a lottery ticket after that little piece of luck.

We both have had our moments but he is going down in a big way. He seems thin in most places and his center and right flanks are collapsing fast.

Cheers

Murray

------------------

What a bunch of horsecrap. -Steve

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 03-14-2001).]

Are they alowed to read each other's AAR's where each of them can see what the other is doing? Kind of a temptation there, I should think... wink.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"