Another Mod Announcement -- Movie Uniform Repaints

Gentlemen,

I just love Andrew's Hi-Res uniforms. But I was never too crazy about his yellow '44 US uniforms.

Well after viewing Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers I have done repaints which (I think) are pretty close to what the '44 uniforms in those films looked like.

Here they are. First the '44 US Army.

ns-vi.jpg?1002851638

And now the '44 US Airbone.

ns-1-vi.jpg?1002851658

Now keep in mind that I have done each available option sleeve file as well.

I'm going to send these to Maximus so he can use them in his Allied Uniform CMMOS RuleSet.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Truely outstanding mods. I love the patches and you even have them for the infantry and not just the sissy airborne troops. I agree with your coloring also the darker shade is more realistic. Very nice and thank you Cubbies Phan.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I actually used some still photos of SPR to pull a color off to use for the jacket. For the Airborne, I used a brown color I got from somewhere, I'm not sure. But if you watch BoB Parts 1-5 (up until the Dec. part) you'll notice that the uniforms are indeed a brown. I played around with these 2 uniforms for quite awhile trying to get the colors just right. I actually have another version of the Airborne uniform which is more tan than brown. I thought it would look good, but it was just too pale compared to the Army uniform.

Edited for lousy grammar.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: Cubbies Phan ]

The mods look great, except for the boots!!

US infantry shoes were either russet brown and finished, or "roughed out" (rough side out, so they resembled the finish of the leather on Gulf war-type desert boots)

But they weren't as dark as in CMBO, or on the mod.