Mike Curb Congregation

I have that as one of the cuts I use for the CM startup music.

I also have an MP3 of it that I ripped off a 70's compliation CD. If anyone wants it drop me a line. I'd leave my machine on and let people brab from Napster, but my firewall doesn't let people make connections.

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 02-07-2001).]

"got till june-july to download this tune for free"

I suppose you are referring to the end of Napster as we know it.

The reason Napster works is broadband connections, and this also why an upsurge in usage of Usenet is occuring.

Why no news about Usenet in the media?

I have found far more MP3s there than on Napster, and the uploads tend to be in album blocks. You can even get vintage stuff like WW2 radio and record clips.

Usenet is so full of stuff, and a lot of it is bad. I mean, we get all this news about how the record and film industry are upset about stuff like Napster and pirate websites, but the Usenet gets no attention.

You want pirated music, Usenet.

Want entire Bugs Bunny cartoons? Usenet (man, watched Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips, the racism is dripping, slant eyes, bow legs, buck teeth, thick glasses, chimpanzee like walking and talking.

Did you miss last weeks episode of Futurama? Some guy posts it almost immediatleyy after it airs each week at alt.tv.futurama.

Want smut? Well, Usenet is the place for that too.

Bottom line, the Net's true source of all that is criminally challenging and morally questionable in terms of media and software is Usent, not the web.

And the press seems clueless about it.

and, of course, we have EfNet, DalNet, etcetera.

Don't forget that Hank Williams Jr. song "All for the Love of Sunshine" too. Thats a classic when you have some "beautiful" Shermans come onto the map and start blasting everything... smile.gif

------------------

busboy

CO, 99th Dragons

A Warbirds Squadron

'We will heat you up'

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we would grow too fond of it."

-Robert E. Lee

Thanks for the tip on this. I liked the Mike Curb song so much that I scoured the net for a copy = turned out an internet buddy has the soundtrack on vinyl and was nice enough to make me a cassette. Will be nice to download it, too. Apparently the Mike Curb Congregation did some other songs - mostly, IIRC, Christian stuff with moral messages like "don't do drugs" that didn't garner them much success. It would appear Burning Bridges was the only thing that stayed in the general public consciousness - well, mostly Kelly's Heroes fans, anyway.

Hey malthoff, just saw your reply and I wanted you to hear from a "Christian" that I don't mind that! smile.gif I live in the "Bible Belt" of America, and after having every view of mine that doesn't fit in with "God's word" according to THEIR interpretation, I just wanted to show understanding and appreciation to you incase you're in a situation like me where free thinking is taken after with pointy sticks. smile.gif

I find Catholosism the closest to my spiritual views, even though I'm closer to an agnostic spiritualist who understands the lessons of many religions and calles That Which is Higher "God." However, in the end we're all in with the same thing.

How is this on topic? Becuase Kelly's Heroes rules! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

busboy

CO, 99th Dragons

A Warbirds Squadron

'We will heat you up'

"It is well that war is so terrible, else we would grow too fond of it."

-Robert E. Lee

Guest Napoleon1944

Now go and download my Kelly's Heroes pack at CMHQ! I have the intermission music included.

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon